• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I think I'm done.

Cubfan

Have been working on and off for awhile now on a small t-shirt webstore. Have pared down OSCommerce to probably the bear minimum as I am starting with only a small number of products. Just went live with the site today.

Visit the sight and let me know if you see any glaring issues that I may have overlooked.

https://www.wfshirts.com

Have been working on and off for awhile now on a small t-shirt webstore.  Have pared down OSCommerce to probably the bear minimum as I am starting with only a small number of products.  Just went live with the site today.

Visit the sight and let me know if you see any glaring issues that I may have overlooked. 

No feedback? :( If anyone has a time to take a quick look at my site, it'd be much appreciated.

Have been working on and off for awhile now on a small t-shirt webstore.  Have pared down OSCommerce to probably the bear minimum as I am starting with only a small number of products.  Just went live with the site today.

Very nice!!! Can not find anything wrong. It looked like you covered all the basic. A great desgin. :thumbsup:

hi,

you should have some feedback via contact us page.

additionally, the success page has typo:

You comments have been sent successf

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Original. Good work.

Someone with enough sense to change the silly (and grammatically incorrect) default text in the "create account" box, although you have one too many "ands" in there! :-)

If I was being picky (and I usually am), I noticed that the little dangly thing in your background image clashes with the "A" in "A very small T-shirt shop"

If you only ship in the US, remove all other countries from the drop down.

In fact, why have a dropdown at all?

You don't have a contact address or phone so I'd be wary of buying anything.

What payment types do you accept? Please don't make me create an account and go through all those steps just to find out you don't take my wonderwidget card.

Original. Good work.

Someone with enough sense to change the silly (and grammatically incorrect) default text in the "create account" box, although you have one too many "ands" in there!  :-)

If I was being picky (and I usually am), I noticed that the little dangly thing in your background image clashes with the "A" in "A very small T-shirt shop"

If you only ship in the US, remove all other countries from the drop down.

In fact, why have a dropdown at all?

You don't have a contact address or phone so I'd be wary of buying anything.

What payment types do you accept? Please don't make me create an account and go through all those steps just to find out you don't take my wonderwidget card.

Wow, thanks for the kind words. And the criticism is invaluable, I really appreciate you all taking the time to look over my site, and helping me with the little things that I overlooked (for whatever reason I've had difficulty finding friends/family willing to review the site for me). Again, thanks a ton, I'll make the noted corrections.

your site looks great, one thing i would change though is the product picture on the product_info page, i think if you took the pictures on a white background and then edited it to make it a transparent background (or change the background to the background color of the page) it would make it look alot better, and also more proffessional...otherwise everything else looks great!

Take 2 steps out of your checkout process and streamline your site, and its easy!

Get rid of the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page, this page stops people in their tracks and will hurt your sales.

Use this to take the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page and the "Account Created Success" Page out of your checkout process but still collect all their info and create an account or to "Sign In" if they already have an account.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...60entry598660

Check it out :thumbsup:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

Take 2 steps out of your checkout process and streamline your site, and its easy!

Get rid of the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page, this page stops people in their tracks and will hurt your sales.

Use this to take the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page and the "Account Created Success" Page out of your checkout process but still collect all their info and create an account or to "Sign In" if they already have an account.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...60entry598660

Check it out  :thumbsup:

The link just takes me back to the general forum page :(

The link just takes me back to the general forum page  :(

I was informed that the link didn't work so here are the instructions.

Open up checkout_payment.php and find:

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

Change it to:

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

}

Then:

In checkout_shipping.php change:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

To:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

and if you want to get rid of the "Account Created Success" window that pops up after they create their account do this:

In create_account.php

Change

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

this will remove the thank you message after account creation to speed up checkout. You no longer see create_account_success.php, it goes right to shipping.

With this process you have just removed 2 steps from the lengthy cart process, and removed the Dreaded "Become a Member" Page that scares of potential customers, and you still get them to sign in and get them to create the account.

Is this great or what? :thumbsup:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

The link just takes me back to the general forum page  :(

Thanks! I've received quite a bit of early feedback regarding the whole 'become a member' thing, and its definitely a bit clumsy for those who just want to order a shirt and are wary of 'becoming a member'. I really appreciate your help!

hey, this is just me.. ofcourse... but why don't you have your catalog in the main dir? like, mysite.com/catalog/ to mysite.com/

this may help with indexing your site.

love the simplicity, color scheme, layout.

Again, I just want to thank everyone for their input. I've made changes according to your freedback, and I just want to reiterate how valuable of a resource this forum has been.

I now intend to take some time to post some feedback for other sites posted here, as the criticsm I received was most helpful.

hey, this is just me.. ofcourse... but why don't you have your catalog in the main dir?  like, mysite.com/catalog/ to mysite.com/

this may help with indexing your site.

love the simplicity, color scheme, layout.

One last thing i noticed- on your "about White Frog" popup, you include an email link that takes me to my email client. Doesn't that make you vulnerable to harvesters? I link back to the "contact us" page, myself...

Other than that, your site is a prime example of what can be done with OSCommerce! I have some friends who have only one or two things to sell, that would be best served by an interface such as this one. I'm bookmarking your store for them to see.

psst... wanna buy a wand?

Archived