• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

extra fields for customer data

Hello,

I am installing OSC for a friend he runs a medical supply company and has as a customer base mostly other companies.

The sign-up and customer data stored seems to be more directed at B2C sales rather than b2b so I was wondering apart from changing field names so that it fits the purpouse more does anyone know of a way to add a field say for a company vat number. To be legal the invoices need to have the VAT number of both the companies (seller and buyer).

I am more or less comfortable with installing but not much more so I am a bit afraid to just go in and mess things up although I did get easypopulate installed and importing on the 1st try :). I'm hoping maybe there is some obscure contribution out there that will do this or be adaptable to this sort of function even though the past 2 hours on the contributions page didnt give me any positive results.

Thanks for reading.

Edu.

Hello,

I am installing OSC for a friend he runs a medical supply company and has as a customer base mostly other companies.

The sign-up and customer data stored seems to be more directed at B2C sales rather than b2b so I was wondering apart from changing field names so that it fits the purpouse more does anyone know of a way to add a field say for a company vat number. To be legal the invoices need to have the VAT number of both the companies (seller and buyer).

I am more or less comfortable with installing but not much more so I am a bit afraid to just go in and mess things up although I did get easypopulate installed and importing on the 1st try :).  I'm hoping maybe there is some obscure contribution out there that will do this or be adaptable to this sort of function even though the past 2 hours on the contributions page didnt give me any positive results.

Thanks for reading.

Edu.

Have a look HERE

F5

Hi again :)

I read through the docs but unfortunatly as the contributions name says its for product related extra fields not for customer data.

I'll keep looking and report back if I find anything as I'm sure this would be of interest to other folks too.

Edu.

Hi again :)

I read through the docs  but unfortunatly as the contributions name says its for product related extra fields not for customer data.

I'll keep looking and report back if I find anything as I'm sure this would be of interest to other folks too.

Edu.

b2bsuite has vat number support

separate pricing per customer (ver 4.+) supports tax id numbers

Yeah but b2b suite seems to provide for different types of custoemrs too I dont think I need to change things that far just to add extra fields to the sign-up and invoice I am looking at using two contributions that may work in this case

Second Address Line contribution and the EIN / TAX ID contribution..

In truth all I really need is the ability to add to the regular customer info a field for company name (for which I'll use the second address line) and a tax number which in turn will appear on the invoice. :)

Edu.

Archived