• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Force Cookies Usage not working

Hi,

No matter what I do, I can't get the cookies function to work on my site. When someone adds an item to the cart, and then clicks on any link without the OSCid then the item disappears. Same when someone logs in, once they click something without the OSCid they are logged out. I tried forcing cookies, but then everytime I try to add something to cart, it gives me the Cookie Usage error message, telling me I must enable cookies on the computer.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks.

Hi,

No matter what I do, I can't get the cookies function to work on my site.  When someone adds an item to the cart, and then clicks on any link without the OSCid then the item disappears.  Same when someone logs in, once they click something without the OSCid they are logged out.  I tried forcing cookies, but then everytime I try to add something to cart, it gives me the Cookie Usage error message, telling me I must enable cookies on the computer.

Can someone help me please? 

Thanks.

I think this indicates that your cookie settings are not correct.

Treasurer MFC

Thanks for your reply. Are you talking about the Cookie options in my config file?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'officetronics.tempwebpage.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www135.safesecureweb.com/officetronics');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/tmp');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/tmp');

OK, but even when I don't force cookies there still should be some way for the customer to retain their cart, and not be logged out when they hit some link without the OSCid. Any help would be appreciated.

OK, but even when I don't force cookies there still should be some way for the customer to retain their cart, and not be logged out when they hit some link without the OSCid.  Any help would be appreciated.

if your customer does not accept cookies you would see session id's.

You don't so either your links are wrong or you accept the cookie but the cookie is not correct.

So, set your browser to NOT accept cookies and see if you get session id's in your url. If so, your links are ok and as such your cookies are not.

Treasurer MFC

if your customer does not accept cookies you would see session id's.

You don't so either your links are wrong or you accept the cookie but the cookie is not correct.

So, set your browser to NOT accept cookies and see if you get session id's in your url. If so, your links are ok and as such your cookies are not.

Thanks for your reply.

I think the cookies aren't correct. Try the following website: https://65.36.160.220

You will see the session ID no matter what the cookies are set to. I don't really know what the problem is.

Archived