• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1st installation for a noob

ritch50

Hi hope someone can help. I am attempting my 1st installation and am getting nowhere. I have read loads but it dosent seem to sink in.

I have copied the contents of my catalogue folder to my server via ftp, but i dont understand how to use phpMyAdmin and I dont know where to go now.

Regards, Ritch.

osCommerce prerequisites are you need to have a web server application working, as well as php and mysql. you need to be able to create a database.

sounds like you may need a host who has a cpanel, where you can go in and create the database easily . . .or ask your host how to create a database.

osCommerce prerequisites are you need to have a web server application working, as well as php and mysql. you need to be able to create a database.

sounds like you may need a host who has a cpanel, where you can go in and create the database easily . . .or ask your host how to create a database.

Hi hope someone can help. I am attempting my 1st installation and am getting nowhere. I have read loads but it dosent seem to sink in.

I have copied the contents of my catalogue folder to my server via ftp, but i dont understand how to use phpMyAdmin and I dont know where to go now.

Regards, Ritch.

One step at a time - once you have copied catalogue (you spelt it correctly are you in the UK :D ) to your server and run instal just follow the instructions on your screen - you will not need phpMyAdmin for some time yet

- if you get errors as you follow the screen instructions - just post here and i'm sure forum will help

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

One step at a time - once you have copied catalogue (you spelt it correctly are you in the UK  :D ) to your server and run instal just follow the instructions on your screen - you will not need phpMyAdmin for some time yet

- if you get errors as you follow the screen instructions - just post here and i'm sure forum will help

Charles

Thanks for the replies. I have upgraded to a server that will actually work....it supports php etc. I have copied the entire catalog folder to the web folder on my server. I have Network Trash / Private / and Web folders. I copied a dummy index.html file to the folder and cant find it? No matter what I do the files are not there but the ftp program shows they are?

Thanks for the replies. I have upgraded to a server that will actually work....it supports php etc. I have copied the entire catalog folder to the web folder on my server. I have Network Trash / Private / and Web folders. I copied a dummy index.html file to the folder and cant find it? No matter what I do the files are not there but the ftp program shows they are?

Great stuff, sorted that problem, there was another web folder that I found by clicking back 3 times.

Now I am getting this error while installing

Host 'raqhost14.zen.co.uk' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

I know the address is and paswword / user are correct as I have phone the hosting company to check.

Any Ideas?

Have you ever heard the saying "jumping out of the frying pan into the fire"?

Did you read the extra charges e.g. ?40 a month extra if you over-run your data transfer allowance by 1Gb.

They provide a way that you can test your connection to mysql here:

http://ww1.zenwebhosting.com/faqs/RaQ.asp?headlineid=579

Vger

Hi i need help coustomizing my site

can any one help me.

my site is www.jamaicapromote.com

a live internetradio, iwill pay for any services on my site need help

Archived