• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

not my catagories

The catagories on my shop are changing to another sites links and all.

My store front is the same but the catagories keep changing to books and stuff that I dont sell, and they do link to another site.

Any ideas?

What's going on here is that you are storing sessions in files and not in the database and/or using the Cache feature - on a shared server with other osCommerce sites. The Category links you are getting are the Category links for those other sites on your server.

On the last line of both configure.php files make sure that it reads 'mysql' where indicated, and under Configuration in your osCommerce control panel, where it says Cache and Use Cache is set to True change it to False. Then delete all of the Temporary Internet Files and all Offline Content in your browser. When you next go to your site you should see only your categories.

Vger

What's going on here is that you are storing sessions in files and not in the database and/or using the Cache feature - on a shared server with other osCommerce sites.  The Category links you are getting are the Category links for those other sites on your server.

On the last line of both configure.php files make sure that it reads 'mysql' where indicated, and under Configuration in your osCommerce control panel, where it says Cache and Use Cache is set to True change it to False.  Then delete all of the Temporary Internet Files and all Offline Content in your browser.  When you next go to your site you should see only your categories.

Vger

Thanks Vger

Archived