• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sharing site

Pipey

Hi folks,

Has anyone managed to "embed" (for lack of a better word) their site into another web site dynamically. I would like to place one category of product at a completely different site, but in a live version. Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance.

In my testing I have managed to destroy most everything in OsCommerce and have it statically shown.

You can install oscommerce, rip out what you don't want, make it look like your current page, and ofcourse create links to your products/whatnot.

OsCommerce can be used as just a backend but it takes a little work.

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

In my testing I have managed to destroy most everything in OsCommerce and have it statically shown.

You can install oscommerce, rip out what you don't want, make it look like your current page, and ofcourse create links to your products/whatnot.

OsCommerce can be used as just a backend but it takes a little work.

Thanks Kenneth. What I was thinking about was just adding a piece of code in other websites that dynamically display a range of products from my shopping site. Clicking on any product will bring people back to my shopping site.

Have you seen this done with OSC?

Yes, You can link directly to products from somewhere else. You can even make a link that will take them to your page and add it to their cart automatically. Dynamically Is different however. There is a contrib. that allows displaying of products on other sites but I have not used it.

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

Archived