• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First time buyer charge.

MSADMIN

Hi.

I hope this is the right forum for this discussion/question.

Has anyone ever found a way to add an extra charge only to the first transaction the customer makes?

I would like to sell my product for a price and charge my customers a first time fee for artwork and setup.

If anyone knows of a reliable addon or built-in function could you let me know.

Thanks in advance...

Dave.

Hi.

I hope this is the right forum for this discussion/question.

Has anyone ever found a way to add an extra charge only to the first transaction the customer makes?

I would like to sell my product for a price and charge my customers a first time fee for artwork and setup.

If anyone knows of a reliable addon or built-in function could you let me know.

Thanks in advance...

Dave.

I use OT_MEMBERSHIP on my site

hmm...

I don't know of a contrib, but you could use the queries generated for 'Customer Orders-Total' in admin/stats_customers.php ...

...then in checkout_shipping.php have an IF that total = 0 then add prouct X to the cart...

Not the code you were hoping for I know, but I just did a quick investigate, and anyway trust me, you don't want me writing your code ;)

hmm...

I don't know of a contrib, but you could use the queries generated for 'Customer Orders-Total' in admin/stats_customers.php ...

...then in checkout_shipping.php have an IF that total = 0 then add prouct X to the cart...

Not the code you were hoping for I know, but I just did a quick investigate, and anyway trust me, you don't want me writing your code ;)

Well thanks, that would be a great idea if i was a wizz in php however, i guess i'll have to look into it and maybe try to hack it...

Danka.

• 8 months later...

I have installed the OT_membership contrib, and it works great!

But: What if I have a product on my website that the customer should be able to buy without paying the membership fee?

I.e.: I have a range of products that require a yearly membership fee to buy - and then I have one product that does not require a fee.

Can that be done?

Archived