• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL- the Thorn in my side

TristanJones

:'( Ok I am sure this question is really stupid, but I must dare to ask it. Sorry in advance.

Our business has recently changed its hosting company for our website. I am unfortunately in charge of some of the tweaks and changes needed for this transition. So here it is:

After setting up the config file and being able to load our website again I have found that when using the MYACCOUNT and Checkout button brings me to a broken link. I, for the life of me cannot find where the directory is pointing to? The interesting thing is that when I change the Enable_SSL value to false in the config file, magically I am able to access the login screen for returning customers! I know this has to do with the SSL setup , is there something I am staring right in the face and am just to slow to see?? Thanks for any ideas!

when you have enabled ssl - then your site is going to redirect to whatever your config files reads as the HTTPS entry - so if you don't have SSL configured - then you need to set it to false so that it doesn't redirect ... if you do have SSL configured then your configure.php file may have the wrong entry listed for the HTTPS....

hope that helps!

• 4 months later...

hi there

did you fix this problem i have the exact same problem with the ssl and my account and checkout i have followed the instructions given to me by trustssl who supplied our certif and now this. i know is to do with the ssl but can not figure out hopefully you will be able to help me

kind regards

maltonge

www.pcgiant.co.uk

:'(  Ok I am sure this question is really stupid, but I must dare to ask it. Sorry in advance.

Our business has recently changed its hosting company for our website. I am unfortunately in charge of some of the tweaks and changes needed for this transition. So here it is:

After setting up the config file and being able to load our website again I have found that when using the MYACCOUNT and Checkout button brings me to a broken link. I, for the life of me cannot find where the directory is pointing to? The interesting thing is that when I change the Enable_SSL value to false in the config file, magically I am able to access the login screen for returning customers! I know this has to do with the SSL setup , is there something I am staring right in the face and am just to slow to see?? Thanks for any ideas!

hi there

did you fix this problem i have the exact same problem with the ssl and my account and checkout i have followed the instructions given to me by trustssl who supplied our certif and now this.  i know is to do with the ssl but can not figure out hopefully you will be able to help me

kind regards

maltonge

www.pcgiant.co.uk

in config.php or configure.php there is a setting for the https url. You want to make sure its for the right domain name w/no directory or trailing slash. But mainly the domain should match your SSL certificate. http://www.blahblah.com is not the same as http://blahblah.com when it comes to SSL certificates.

Archived