• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot find sql file

awilson3rd

I have just started to install OSC and have run into a problem. I get past the database connection test but the next screen gives me the following error:

SQL file does not exist: /install/oscommerce.sql

I have checked on the server and the file is there in /mywebsite/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Andrew

I have just started to install OSC and have run into a problem. I get past the database connection test but the next screen gives me the following error:

I have checked on the server and the file is there in /mywebsite/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Andrew

Have you set the permissions ?

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

your path is /mywebsite/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

the app is looking for it in /catalog/install

so you have placed your shop one directory below where the app is looking for it - change the path.

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

your path is /mywebsite/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

the app is looking for it in /catalog/install

so you have placed your shop one directory below where the app is looking for it - change the path.

Charles

I have changes the path in the install file and it went ok up to the last page when I got the following errors:

Warning: fopen(/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\mistcool\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\mistcool\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\mistcool\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\mistcool\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\mistcool\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\mistcool\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

I have double checked permissions and installed again but still the same problem. The administration and catalog links on this page do not work, I just get a page not found error.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Andrew

if you are installing on IIS6.0 and a windows 2003 server try making c:/install/ and put the file there.

I did and it worked straight away :)

Archived