• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Logged in as Last Customer

kenyastar

My site just went live. First customer logs in and shops.

I went to the site to check something and I was logged in as her!

I have no idea even where to start looking, but obviously this is big deal.

If customer logs off first this does not happen.

Please please help!! Point me in the right direction.

Kenya Star :'(

First, THANK YOU SO much for responding. I am truly overwelmed the by the support on this forum!!

Second, cache is/was set to false in admin.

I am with IPOWER for my host.

My contirbutions installed are

CCgv

easy populate

thumbnails

product sort

easy attributes

I don't think any of these have to do with the cache?

my site is:

www.diamondnexuslabs.com

I use DreamWeaver is there a way to search for cache files? So, I can see what directories they are in??

THANKS AGAIN!!!

First, THANK YOU SO much for responding.? I am truly overwelmed the by the support on this forum!!

Second, cache is/was set to false in admin.

I am with IPOWER for my host.

My contirbutions installed are

CCgv

easy populate

thumbnails

product sort

easy attributes

I don't think any of these have to do with the cache?

my site is:

www.diamondnexuslabs.com

I use DreamWeaver is there a way to search for cache files?? So, I can see what directories they are in??

THANKS AGAIN!!!

You have a very snotty way of replaying..so here goes...if you are that all knowing..you should know wheer ur cache files are stored....

When u learn how to ask politly..i will give u detailed instructions..till then u are on ur own....

:lol:

I am so sorry, truly. I did not know I was being snotty. I really am overwelmed by the help on this forum. I have not seen anything like this before. I wasn't kidding about that!

I didn't even think to check the cache in admin until it was suggested and I really appreciate the suggestion. I immediately checked it and it is set to false.

My knowledge is incredibly limited. I am learning PHP on the fly. My background is design and HTML, virtually no coding. I am in preschool in this whole thing and by no means feel that I know anything and apologize for coming across that way, totally not my intent!! I know how much time people spend on their own stuff and it amazes me their willingness to help each other out. I hope to learn enough to help others as well!

Any help you can provide is most appreciated!!!

Thanks for being up front enought to tell me I'm a snot and I promise to think more carefully in future responses. I was frantic and didn't stop to think of how it came across.

humble regards,

Kenya Star

You have a very snotty way of replaying..so here goes...if you are that all  knowing..you should know wheer ur cache files are stored....

When u learn how to ask politly..i will give u detailed instructions..till then u are on ur own....

:lol:

This one is a major turn off...

First, THANK YOU SO much for responding.  I am truly overwelmed the by the support on this forum!!

lol - you must have read the caps as sarcasm or something, whereas I didn't...

Oh, the joys of textual communication!

Anyway, you have a problem with your session id appearing in your URLs. Your cookie domain and path are probably not set correctly.

Post the contents of your configure.php file (in folder catalog\admin\includes.

(comment out the database username nad password fields first!) and we'll take a look.

I can not be more sincere about this!! I'm sorry you see it as a turn off. I have been the lone ranger on a lot of projects and in my opinion this forum really is this great and anyone that takes the time to respond and help deservers total sincere appreciation which was what I was trying to convey. :blush:

This one is a major turn off...

Hi, nice come back, send me ur admin as a pm and i will take a look and hopefully fix it for you..... B)

Sorry I was slow. I was at my day job and had to run home to get the requested info, but here it is, and thanks again!

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://diamondnexuslabs.com');  // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://host278.ipowerweb.com/~diamondn'); 	 // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true); 	 // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'diamondnexuslabs.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'host278.ipowerweb.com/~diamondn');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/diamondn/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME',);
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
 define('DB_DATABASE',);
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

sorry, that should be catalog\includes

Thank you for bieng forgiving :) I am so stupid. I am trying to set up a temp admin for vdeck and I can only find where it allows me to change the password for the Admin not where I can add another user. I'll keep looking!

Hi,  nice come back,  send me ur admin as a pm and i will take a look and hopefully fix it for you..... B)

You can try storing the sessions in the mysql database - change the last line of your configure file to

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

My guess is that the file session directory (this is set in the admin side) is set to a shared directory on your server.

If the above doesn't fix your problem, you will need to change the session save path in the admin to a folder in your web space (preferably _above_ the web root) - eg

/home/username/sessions/

and change the line above back to define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.diamondnexuslabs.com');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

I set define sessions to mysql. It didn't seem to help. I would like to try the suggestion of changing how the admin side stores sessions. I looked in the admin/includes/configuration.php but didn't see it... will you please tell me where I might find it.

Thanks again for your help. I am so lost on this topic!

Kenya

When you say "it didn't seem to help", can you explain exactly how you recreated the problem, so how you know it didn't help?

To store sessions in the database on the admin side, just alter the same line in this file:

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

There are 2 configuration files, one for your store and one for the admin.

Oh, and another thing - if you were previously storing sessions in a folder somewhere on your server, you should go in to that folder through your host's interface and delete all the session files.

I think this is /home/tmp directory by default

If you can, check in your php.ini file for "session.save_path" to confirm where the session files have been stored, or if you are on a shared host and can't do that - ask your host what the default session save path is, and see if they can clear the session files for you.

I appreciate the suggestions and will dive into them tonight.

To test it, I logged in as a user and had a friend do the same in another part of the state. When he went to the site he was automatically logged in as me.

I don't know where my sessions are stored but I'll find out.

thanks again and I"ll post the results of my efforts tomorrow! :)

Oh, and another thing - if you were previously storing sessions in a folder somewhere on your server, you should go in to that folder through your host's interface and delete all the session files.

I think this is /home/tmp  directory by default

If you can, check in your php.ini file for "session.save_path" to confirm where the session files have been stored, or if you are on a shared host and can't do that - ask your host what the default session save path is, and see if they can clear the session files for you.

When you say you "logged in as a user" - do you mean you actually used the same email addres and password to login?

Have you ever logged in yourself on the computer your friend is using? If you have, there may well be a cookie floating around on this machine still and that's why it's automatically picking up your session link.

I'm glad you mentined this. I created a new user account/password and than logged in on my machine. Than had my friend log in on his machine and he saw the new person. Your suggestions from this morning sound great and I am really looking forward to trying them out tonight. thank you again for all your help!! Kenya

When you say you "logged in as a user" - do you mean you actually used the same email addres and password to login?

Have you ever logged in yourself on the computer your friend is using? If you have, there may well be a cookie floating around on this machine still and that's why it's automatically picking up your session link.

I've updated the catalog/admin/includes/configure.php to this

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql')

and reset the catalog/includes/configure to define('STORE_SESSIONS', '')

Unfortunately, it didn't fix. I am trying to determine where IPOWER stores the sessions and have been unsuccessful so far. Their tech support thus far has been canned emails. I took off work today to stay home and figure this out.

For testing I am using another friend whose computer I have never been on. When he brings up the site he is logged in as whoever I logged in last.

I really appreciate any suggestions! YOu have been very kind to help me. THanks Kenya :)

You need to provide more info.

When you say "logged in", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that their shopping cart contains the items from your shopping cart?, or do you mean (unlikely) that they are actually logged in as you and can view your account information (address, orders etc)?

What link are they using to access the site? Does it have a session ID in it?

Your host sounds like a lost cause if they can't supply you with this simple information and help you clear session files.

If you have reset you configure file to:

reset the catalog/includes/configure to define('STORE_SESSIONS', '')

Then you MUST find out where the session files are being stored - I think I've already mentioned that this is controlled in your php.ini file - if they are being stored on a shared directory on your server, this is not good.

Archived