• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL and Missing Orders!

giyer

Hi All,

I have OSC installed on a virtual server and in the final stages of testing.

My situation is this:

1. When I enable SSL, customer orders are

a. not showing up in the Admin> Orders area

b. not showing up under Pending

c. BUT, when I use the customer email link, I can see the order as Pending (which is my default setting for Order Status).

d. Also, logged in as Customer, the new order CAN NOT be seen!

--- Please note that I do not have Force Cookies on

2. When I disable SSL, the order shows up in the Admin areas - no problems!

I have read that with Shared SSL similar scenarios have been seen so please help me figure this one.

- Is there some setting that would allow me to enable (shared) SSL and have this working?

- Do I have to buy a dedicated SSL certificate ? (this would probably solve the problem but again we are on a shoestring budget )

Oh, one more thing ! With SSL enabled - when I first log in to the customer account (or even load up the home page) most of the graphics are missing but a page reload cleans this up - any thoughts? file permissions may be ? I have images directory set to 777.

Many thanks in advance

G

Try leaving both https_cookie_domain and https_cookie_path blank in your includes/configure.php file.

Also, if you are using the standard PayPal module make sure that you have turned on the Auto-Return feature in your PayPal account, and that you have the correct address for the auto-return entered there.

Vger

Thank you Vger!

I will make the changes as you have recommended. They are currently showing "/catalog/".

I am using the Linkpoint module only and it is the only payment method.

Regards

G

Archived