• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding an "About Us" in the "Information" box?

Loop-Master

Try doing a search in the contributions. Several contribs that help out with that. Such as InfoPages Unlimited and Extra pages-info box but i think there are more as well.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Try doing a search in the contributions. Several contribs that help out with that. Such as InfoPages Unlimited and Extra pages-info box but i think there are more as well.

I do not really see anything that shows how to do this.

I just want to simply add other pages into the "Information" box. Maybe, "About Us", "Our Philosophy", "Emails" or, "Testimonials", "Links" etc..

I seen the "Testimonials" contribution but that's not what I'm after. As far as testimonials go, I just need a page to where I can simply drop emails into from time to time.

As Wendy said there are contribs for adding pages, but the method I use is to use one of the existing infobox pages as a template for a new one. Make a copy of catalog privacy.php, rename it to the new name. Open it up for editing, change all references to the old name to the new name. Copy catalog/includes/languages/english/privacy.php, rename it, open it for editing, change all references from privacy to the new name again. Put the info you want into the correct define statement. Open catalog/includes/boxes/information.php. Find and copy this line:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

Change the PRIVACY references to your new file name, and paste it back into the information.php file. Pay attention to the semicolon, and move it, if you put this at the bottom of the list!

The last step is to open catalog/includes/languages/english.php and open it for editing. Find and copy this line:

define('BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY', 'Privacy Notice');

Change the Privacy references to your new file name, paste it back in.

Save all the files,if you haven't already, upload them, and you should be good to go! Remember to make backups of the original files BEFORE you modify them, in case you make a mistake!

Jeremy

Archived