• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Return Email

I need a bit of guidance on the email that is sent to the customer after they place an order. Where would I edit this?

I also require to send an additional email to the customer with instructions on the product they purchased. I would like this email to go to the customer along with the email that gets sent to them after they place an order. Any suggestions please?

Thanks. :blush:

Any suggestions would be appreciated. How can we add a second email upon checkout that gives further information to our customers. We have the order details that automatically goes to the customer upon checkout and we want another email sent giving instructions about the product they purchased (in our case the products are custom software that they download and we need to instruct them how to install the software).

Any suggestions please?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. How can we add a second email upon checkout that gives further information to our customers. We have the order details that automatically goes to the customer upon checkout and we want another email sent giving instructions about the product they purchased (in our case the products are custom software that they download and we need to instruct them how to install the software).

Any suggestions please?

Are your installation instructions the same for all your downloads? If so, you could include the instructions in the order confirmation email and then you wouldn't need to send two separate emails.

I don't know how to make it send a second email automatically but if a second one needs to be sent you could do it through admin. You could put your installation instructions in the comments box and make sure the box is checked to notify customer and update the order.

Hopefully my first suggestion will work for you.

Good luck!

Karen

Archived