• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

3 quick questions

ziggy13

my site is www.gourdshop.com/retail

I have a couple of issues I can't figure out or find out in the knowledge base.

1. I want to remove the oscommerce logo at the top and add my own.

2. I want to remove the 3 small logos on the top right for my account, shopping cart and check out

3. I want to remove the image right beside where it says "Welcome to Meadowbrooke Gourds" and all the stock images, like the shopping bags in the shopping cart etc.

2. I want to remove the 3 small logos on the top right for my account, shopping cart and check out

3. I want to remove the image right beside where it says "Welcome to Meadowbrooke Gourds" and all the stock images, like the shopping bags in the shopping cart etc.

Answears to these 3 and more you can find here....

Wow!? All of this is covered in the knowledge base, but your search may not have been concise.

#1) catalog/includes/header.php about the middle of the page, look for something like this: You can change your logo and mouseover info here.

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'YOUR_LOGO.gif', 'YOUR_SITE') . '</a>'; ?></td>

#2) right below this you will see this info. You can comment this out or delete it.

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php
/*
 $Id: header.php,v 1.42 2003/06/10 18:20:38 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// check if the 'install' directory exists, and warn of its existence
 if (WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE == 'true') {
   if (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install')) {
     $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS, 'warning');
   }
 }

// check if the configure.php file is writeable
 if (WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE == 'true') {
   if ( (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) && (is_writeable(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) ) {
     $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE, 'warning');
   }
 }

// check if the session folder is writeable
 if (WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE == 'true') {
   if (STORE_SESSIONS == '') {
     if (!is_dir(tep_session_save_path())) {
       $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');
     } elseif (!is_writeable(tep_session_save_path())) {
       $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'warning');
     }
   }
 }

// check session.auto_start is disabled
 if ( (function_exists('ini_get')) && (WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START == 'true') ) {
   if (ini_get('session.auto_start') == '1') {
     $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START, 'warning');
   }
 }

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {
   if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {
     $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');
   }
 }

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
   echo $messageStack->output('header');
 }
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
   <td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image[COLOR=blue](DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'YOUR_LOGO.gif', 'YOUR_SITE') .[/COLOR] '</a>'; ?></td>

... edit or delete the following ...

[COLOR=red]    <td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>[/COLOR]
... to here ...

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
 <tr class="headerNavigation">
   <td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>
   <td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerError">
   <td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {
?>
 <tr class="headerInfo">
   <td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I've tried updating the header.php (per the advice given in threads) to delete the 3 images on the top right. Did it by

- downloading header.php and then editing via notepad and then uploading again.

- I get this error message "Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=' in /home/tangocho/public_html/includes/header.php on line 64"

The thing is i don't have a line 64.. and i know the easy way is to get a original header.php file and load it back in... but i really want to get rid of the images.. can someone advise me how i should modify this to get this working.

my code

<?php

/*

$Id: header.php,v 1.42 2003/06/10 18:20:38 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// check if the 'install' directory exists, and warn of its existence

if (WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE == 'true') {

if (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install')) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS, 'warning');

}

}

// check if the configure.php file is writeable

if (WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE == 'true') {

if ( (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) && (is_writeable(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) ) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE, 'warning');

}

}

// check if the session folder is writeable

if (WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE == 'true') {

if (STORE_SESSIONS == '') {

if (!is_dir(tep_session_save_path())) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');

} elseif (!is_writeable(tep_session_save_path())) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'warning');

}

}

}

// check session.auto_start is disabled

if ( (function_exists('ini_get')) && (WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START == 'true') ) {

if (ini_get('session.auto_start') == '1') {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START, 'warning');

}

}

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {

if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');

}

}

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

echo $messageStack->output('header');

}

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '?osCAdminID=e244d9270347ba59a23c36fe3c2f360d&osCAdminID=531aa94a02a933902208af17b975b101">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr class="headerNavigation">

<td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php&osCAdminID=e244d9270347ba59a23c36fe3c2f360d&osCAdminID=531aa94a02a933902208af17b975b101 echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php&osCAdminID=e244d9270347ba59a23c36fe3c2f360d&osCAdminID=531aa94a02a933902208af17b975b101 echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php&osCAdminID=e244d9270347ba59a23c36fe3c2f360d&osCAdminID=531aa94a02a933902208af17b975b101 echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php&osCAdminID=e244d9270347ba59a23c36fe3c2f360d&osCAdminID=531aa94a02a933902208af17b975b101 echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {

?>

<tr class="headerError">

<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {

?>

<tr class="headerInfo">

<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

Archived