• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What do you think of it???

lstrad

Had to laugh at previous post. Why leave a silly comment like that. Surely you should try to explain how too improve things, and if you dont like giving help keep it shut.

I will check out your store later when i have nore time.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I leave a "silly" comment like that because all the original poster had to do was look at some other sites where people have actually put a bit of effort and pride into their work to realize that their site was gonna get flamed.

As far as helping - that's partly what the forums are for...

Or all the threads here where people have been given suggestions.

There's no excuse for downright laziness.

Why waste anybody's time with a stock store that just has products uploaded?

Hi guys

Updating Site!!

More comments and feedback welcome!!!

Thanks

Your images don't want to be 75x75 pixels. Your image isn't square and you are trying to make it square - If you want a square image open it in an image editing program and either crop in on the image so you only show part of the image or add transparent space around the image to make it square so it doesn't distort.

Your banner looks awful. You would be better off with a solid colour background and losing the curve. Probably getting a graphics person to do a little work for you would be a good investment.

As you have a lot of different categories - I recommend the main categories in front page to replace the new products for April Contribution

You can see it on the site I'm working on My Webpage

Hope this helps

Ruth

There is a lot which could be done to improve this site, but the 2 most pressing ones are:

1. make a new header/logo

2. adjust your product picture sizes

A quick note for your images, in the admin panel, set only one of the height or width, and the other value blank. this will help the images look better until you get the sizes right.

2dogrc

Your images don't want to be 75x75 pixels.  Your  image isn't square and you are trying to make it square - If you want a square image open it in an image editing program and either crop in on the image so you only show part of the image  or add transparent space around the image to make it square so it doesn't distort.

Your banner looks awful.  You would be better off with a solid colour background and losing the curve.  Probably getting a graphics person to do a little work for you would be a good investment.

As you have a lot of different categories - I recommend the main categories in front page to replace the new products for April Contribution

You can see it on the site I'm working on My Webpage

Hope this helps

Ruth

Yeah i wanted that it so the categorys came up on the front what contribution did you use?

A quick note for your images, in the admin panel, set only one of the height or width, and the other value blank.  this will help the images look better until you get the sizes right.

2dogrc

If i did that the Vitamins pictures are way to big!!! and then it makes the webpage look shit!

Yeah i wanted that it so the categorys came up on the front what contribution did you use?

Click on the word contribution in my message that will take you to it.

Then have a graphic person make one image for each category and have all the images the same size. Then you use that image for the top right corner of the category pages and it appears in thanks to the contribution on the main page.

That's what I did. If you need help sorting out the images send me a private email and I'll try to talk you through it.

The osCommerce standard layout will never win any design awards, and your chosen colour scheme is just OK.

The site gives no "X Factor". Why should I buy from you?

Reviews, Languages, Currencies infoBoxes. Why do you have them on site? They're all unused.

If you find it for less we will try and match it?

If they find it for less why bother coming back there to see if you can try and match it?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Take 2 steps out of your checkout process and streamline your site, and its easy!

Get rid of the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page, this page stops people in their tracks and will hurt your sales.

Use this to take the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page and the "Account Created Success" Page out of your checkout process but still collect all their info and create an account or to "Sign In" if they already have an account.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...60entry598660

Check it out :thumbsup:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

• 3 weeks later...
Anymore comments on the website?

The 18+ only cat is useless if the 18+ items are showing up in the new items for the month and the whats new on the side.

Any kid could be blinded, or conservative person offended, by going to your site to shop and see "Gina Lynn's Futurotic Pussy & Ass" in the whats new....

What's futurotic anyway?? Isn't is futuristic? And either way what makes that better than realistic... hum... :huh:

Wish I could tell you how to fix that - but I'm not sure. Probably the answer will be with a contribution that allows you to pick what is shown in those boxes- versus random..

Add addy & # to contact page- not just email form.

Why have language flag and currencies- when there are only 1? adds more clutter to the page.

If I'm shopping I don't want to know i'm the ONLY person shopping this site.. shows just how small the site really is. Same goes for the # of requests since- 6500 in 2 years????? If I was a customer- despite the fact that I knew the store might be a redesign or something- I would still make a mental note of the number each time I visited just to see how many people are checking it out. Kind of like if no one else if shopping here- do they know something bad I don't??

Maybe expand the width of your boxes so your products names show in one line- not broken to the next...

Not everyone knows what diy is- especially without periods in between so we know it's an abbreviation.

All of the animations are TOOOOOOOOOOOO much.. You click on a page and it's like it's exploded with movement! I'm sure it took you a long time to make or find all those, but I'd only expect to see that much movement if I was at a clipart site.

Thats my 2 cents.

Good luck.

The 18+ only cat is useless if the 18+ items are showing up in the new items for the month and the whats new on the side.

Any kid could be blinded, or conservative person offended, by going to your site to shop and see "Gina Lynn's Futurotic Pussy & Ass" in the whats new....

What's futurotic anyway?? Isn't is futuristic? And either way what makes that better than realistic...  hum... :huh:

Wish I could tell you how to fix that - but I'm not sure. Probably the answer will be with a contribution that allows you to pick what is shown in those boxes- versus random..

Add addy & # to contact page- not just email form.

Why have language flag and currencies- when there are only 1? adds more clutter to the page.

If I'm shopping I don't want to know i'm the ONLY person shopping this site.. shows just how small the site really is.  Same goes for the # of requests since-  6500 in 2 years????? If I was a customer- despite the fact that I knew the store might be a redesign or something- I would still make a mental note of the number each time I visited just to see how many people are checking it out. Kind of like if no one else if shopping here- do they know something bad I don't??

Maybe expand the width of your boxes so your products names show in one line- not broken to the next...

Not everyone knows what diy is- especially without periods in between so we know it's an abbreviation.

All of the animations are TOOOOOOOOOOOO much..  You click on a page and it's like it's exploded with movement! I'm sure it took you a long time to make or find all those, but I'd only expect to see that much movement if I was at a clipart site.

Thats my 2 cents.

Good luck.

looks like you sell anything you can lay your hands on, not sure if that would be a winning strategy for a website. I would consider re-grouping and creating different store-fronts.

Treasurer MFC

This web site leaves me with no confidence.....

Crappy looking header......

Web site width and elemts placment gets out of aligment at times during navigation around the site...

Confusing and mismatched product mix for offer.

Thumbnails are very mismatched in size

Language choice with only one flag..whats the point?

Currency box with only one currency, whats the point?

If you want to control who can see your adult section, (warning, adult material) , you should also make shure that the products from these categories do not show up in whats new and in new products......

There are quite a few more issues, but the abowe should be a pointer to get you started....

looks like you sell anything you can lay your hands on, not sure if that would be a winning strategy for a website. I would consider re-grouping and creating different store-fronts.

I second that. If I was going to go lingrie shopping, I would probably go to somewhere like Victoria's Secret. If I was going auto-parts shopping, I would go to somewhere like Auto Zone. If I was going computer shopping, I would go to dell.com or bestbuy.com. If I wanted some misc. stuff, I would go to Walmart.com.

The point is, what does your site have that would make me want to shop there. You have to cater to your audience, and when your audience includes everyone, you end up pleasing no one. I would seriously consider breaking your site up into different store-fronts, and customizing each one to cater to the specific audience. Afterall, people shopping for lingrie probably don't want to buy from the same store that is selling bathroom accessories.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Hi

Thanks Guys !

Modified site again

Take a look Comments again Please

If i take New products off front page i have got a big space what should i do it it??

What should i add there!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived