• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot re-assign $this

feydarturo

Well I finally got osCommerce installed, and now I've run into this error, when I try to click on "Administration Tool"

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 31

I've tried a google for the answer, and it avoids my grasp. As for what's on line 31, I haven't changed a thing since I installed xampp, so it's whatever the default is, which I should think is fine.

you can open upload.php and comment out line 31 or you can install php 4.3.11 and it will work.

php 5 is not compatible with osCommerce MS2.2

Well I finally got osCommerce installed, and now I've run into this error, when I try to click on "Administration Tool"

I've tried a google for the answer, and it avoids my grasp. As for what's on line 31, I haven't changed a thing since I installed xampp, so it's whatever the default is, which I should think is fine.

XAMPP comes with both PHP4 and PHP5. Set it for PHP4.

When I comment out line 31, I get a new, even more glorious error saying that I shouldn't be commenting things out

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 31

So is the only solution to install PHP 4?

We've had this question before about XAMPP and php4 and 5. I use XAMPP and it comes with php5 - EasyPHP comes with php4 and 5 and the ability to switch between the two.

When you commented out that line you must have done something wrong, because if you do this it should work:

//$this

Vger

• 2 weeks later...
Hrmm. I just saw that new post, so how do I set it to PHP4, if it's already configured for PHP 5 without doing a new installation?

XAMPP (at least version 1.4.9) comes with php-switch.bat

Run it, it will ask you for a desired PHP version and install it automatically.

XAMPP (at least version 1.4.9) comes with php-switch.bat

Yes, but that's five versions ago, but I see that the new version does come with php5 and 4.3.11 now. However, why do that when it takes only one minor change to make osCommerce run with php5?

Vger

Archived