• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Inactive Products in Cart

Jud

I have been noticing throughout the last year that when you set a product as inactive, it is not deleted from the customers shopping cart. Is this the way that oscommerce is set up to run? The way it is now, I have customers that order products that I no longer carry in stock.

Jud

I have been noticing throughout the last year that when you set a product as inactive, it is not deleted from the customers shopping cart.  Is this the way that oscommerce is set up to run?  The way it is now, I have customers that order products that I no longer carry in stock.

Jud

Well, this is handled through your Admin->Configuration->Stock settings. The way I have it a produkt dissapears from the shop as soon as the quantity gets zero so it is not visible anymore to the customers. You can also set Allow Checkout to false so zero quantity products can be still visible in the shop but they can not be ordered.

I assume you mean you have customers that place a product in their cart and while they are doing other things that product gets out of stock while remaining visible to that first customer ? In those cases it is important to have Allow checkout set to false so while the product is visible inside the shopping cart it can not be ordered anymore.

It is a bit unconvenient though the customer will only notice the product is sold out when they try to checkout.

Archived