• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

taking product photos

Linux4Me

any have any good resources for processing product photos for use in a online shop ?

im prety good with image tools like photoshop and gimp, so now i want to use them to build a script or macro that will apply the same steps i would go through to a folder of images. for example, for a paticular product, you will probably take several photos and several of them will likely be thumbnails. maybe 1 main thmubnail, 1 large (of the same view) and 1 "other" image of a different view. when you get back to your office with a 30-40 new images, do you really want manually go through all the same steps in your tool to size, edit etc to these photos or just hit a button that applies all these steps you recorded earlier.

Since you are familiar with Photoshop and apparently already have it, you can just record an action as you do the first image, then from the file menu, choose automate, then batch. Using that you can batch run the action on an entire folder of source images.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

ditto on graphicsguy.

That's what I use.

Do a search in photoshop help for automate, and they should have a comprehensive tutorial on how to use it.

Archived