• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multiple stores on single hosting account

ashna

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question, if anyone has done this.

I have a webhosting account where I can have a primary domain name and then 4 addon domain names. I have a cpanel control where I set up addon domains and paths for the domain

primary domain is setup like this

www.mydomain.com/

addon domains

www.mydomain.com/addondomain1/

www.mydomain.com/addondomain2/

www.mydomain.com/addondomain3/

I have a store installed on the primary domain and it works fine. Things I did was to copy the catlog at the root of the primary domain and the path to store is like this

www.mydomain.com/catalog/

Now what I am trying to do is run the store for the addon domains. Any ideas how to run 3-4 store on the same webhosting account. I do have permission to create mysql databases.

Any ideas are welcome on this.

Ashwani

You don't even need add-on domains to install multiple stores - you just need a separate database for each one, and install each store in a unique directory (obviously) - you will need to tweak the configure.php files for each one.

Actually, you don't even need a separate database for each if you name the tables differently for each store, but that's another story...

I hope you have a dedicated server, cos running multiple stores on a shared server is gonna bite if they get any amount of traffic.

Its on the shared server at the moment, I have two business that I would like to take online.

So what you mean is copy the catalog folder for the second store in its default web path and do the installation as normal. I would create a new database as would like to keep them separate. do u see any other conflicts coming while doing this

Archived