• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dots and more dots.

ksasaki

From the old Wiki documentation (hopefully to be incorporated into the Knowledge Base at some point):

/includes/boxes/eachfile

In the code of each box in the includes/boxes folder you will find this code:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

If you set both from to 'true' your box will get rounded corners on the left and right site.

To change the catalog/advanced_search.php (search box) you will find this code at about line 160:

false = square corners; true = round corners

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

BOX CORNER CHANGES ON SSL_CHECK.PHP & COOKIE_USAGE.PHP:

/catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php about line 117:

This will give you square corners on the right side of these boxes.

Change:

if ($right_corner == true) {

$right_corner = $right_arrow . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'infobox/corner_right.gif'); // changes ssl_check.php and cookie_usage.php to square corners on the right

} else {

To:

if ($right_corner == true) {

$right_corner = $right_arrow . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'infobox/corner_right_left.gif');

} else {

Remove all left corner graphics and left spacing on all boxes except "what's new" box about line 121:

Change:

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"', 'text' => $left_corner),

array('params' => 'width="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"', 'text' => $contents[0]['text']),

array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading" nowrap', 'text' => $right_corner));

To: (This also removes the right arrows)

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'with="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"', 'text' => $contents[0]['text']));

To keep the right arrows exchange with this code:

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'width="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',

'text' => $contents[0]['text']),

array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading" nowrap',

'text' => $right_corner));

Change to false to remove all the box headers except the new_products.php box about line 128.

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, true);

LINE 164 CHANGE TO MAKE THE "NEW PRODUCTS" BOX HAVE a SQUARE CORNER ON THE LEFT SIDE:

Change:

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',

'text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'infobox/corner_left.gif')),

To:

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',

'text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'infobox/corner_right_left.gif')),

OR YOU CAN SIMPLY CHANGE THE GRAPHICS IN THE IMAGES/INFOBOX FOLDER!

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

From the old Wiki documentation (hopefully to be incorporated into the Knowledge Base at some point):

HTH,

Terry

Sorry Terry,

That sounded pretty "Latin" to me. Care to elaborate?

Thanks.

Keith

The boxes you see are images. You can comment out the images, change their color to match the rest of the page, or upload transparent pixel images to replace them.

Knifeman,

Can you walk me through this process??

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

The instructions are there for you in step by step format -- telling you what files to open, and what you need to change. What more do you want?

If you intend to customize your own store, I'd strongly suggest you start doing some 'homework' and get familiar with the way osC works. As with the law, ignorance is no excuse. :)

When I started with osC just over a year ago, I'd never touched PHP or done any database work. I took the time to read the info in the Documentation section, search the forum board and slowly but surely learned to work through the code.

As they say on my daughter's favorite program, Art Attack, "try it yourself!" :)

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Keith,

The instructions are there for you in step by step format -- telling you what files to open, and what you need to change. What more do you want?

If you intend to customize your own store, I'd strongly suggest you start doing some 'homework' and get familiar with the way osC works. As with the law, ignorance is no excuse. :) 

When I started with osC just over a year ago, I'd never touched PHP or done any database work. I took the time to read the info in the Documentation section, search the forum board and slowly but surely learned to work through the code.

As they say on my daughter's favorite program, Art Attack, "try it yourself!" :)

Terry

Knifeman,

I have been modifying thing, step by step, much the way you probably have done a year ago when you first started.

As you can see in my original message, I have looked all over the message boards before posting my query.

I do know how to modify once directed where to look. If you could point me there, I will do the rest.

I am learning from my ignorance, same as many have done before me and you, whenyou too were starting out..

Thanks,

Keith

Knifeman,

I have been modifying thing, step by step, much the way you probably have done a year ago when you first started.

As you can see in my original message, I have looked all over the message boards before posting my query.

I do know how to modify once directed where to look. If you could point me there, I will do the rest.

I am learning from my ignorance, same as many have done before me and you, whenyou too were starting out..

Thanks,

Keith

Let me first say that I did not post that last response. That post was from Terry K. Please do not attribute those remarks to me.

Now on to the walkthrough.

1 there is a mod here

contrib

that will help.

2. you can right click on the image and choose properties. This will tell you the name and file path to that image. As I said before, you can download the image, change the color in say MS paint or other program and then upload the image overwriting the original.

Let me first say that I did not post that last response. That post was from Terry K. Please do not attribute those remarks to me.

Now on to the walkthrough.

1 there is a mod here

contrib

that will help.

2. you can right click on the image and choose properties. This will tell you the name and file path to that image. As I said before, you can download the image, change the color in say MS paint or other program and then upload the image overwriting the original.

Sorry about that Knifeman. I got a little carried away. Just getting frustrated by "little" things after trying and trying.

Anyways, I did what you suggested, actually opened up the image in Photoshop and now am at the point of trying to match the colors.

With your help, I will succeed..

Thanks again and sorry for the mix up.

Keith

Keith, the text I quoted tells you what to do. Look at this bit of the original info I posted:

File reference can be found a few lines up:

/catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php about line 117:

Further down in the instructions:

Remove all left corner graphics and left spacing on all boxes except "what's new" box about line 121:

Change:

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"', 'text' => $left_corner),

array('params' => 'width="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"', 'text' => $contents[0]['text']),

array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading" nowrap', 'text' => $right_corner));

To: (This also removes the right arrows)

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'with="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"', 'text' => $contents[0]['text']));

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Keith, the text I quoted tells you what to do. Look at this bit of the original info I posted:

File reference can be found a few lines up:

Further down in the instructions:

HTH,

Terry

Terry, now that I go back and look at your original post, I see that you had given me the solution. I got this solution mixed up with another post I submitted earlier in the day where I pasted a lot of code. I thought it was part of that message, that's why I really didn't look over your post with more attention.

Going over your solution and will implement. Will update you.

Thank you for your time, patience and of course, help.

Keith

No problem, Keith.

Trust me, I *do* know how frustrating it is when you're trying to do something and can't figure out how. But ohhhh, how good it feels when it all starts finally coming together. :)

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Archived