• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Prices showing Incorrectly

M3ta7h3ad

I know this has been answered in the past, however setting the "decimal places to 2" does nothing for me.

I have deleted the other currencies and entered in GBP as the default. Within the admin tool prices are shown correctly, I have set decimal places to 2, the decimal to . the thousand decimal to , and the right and left symbols to GBP and ? respectively.

What on earth can be causing this wierd problem of every single price being displayed as 0 on the customer side. The admin side is unaffected.

lol sorry, solved my own problem.

Tiz inside Includes/languages/english.php

change the default currency to the short name of the one you want :)

Might be worth making this a sticky or at least add it to the knowledge base under common problems if it comes up a lot.

Thanks for posting that question - I was wrestling with the same problem and although your solution didn't make sense to me it did lead me to the answer.

What I had done was to delete the default currency (US dollars) before I had created a new default currency - in my case ? sterling. As a result (I assume) the program had no currency to compare an exchange rate to. Anyway, in admin/localisation/currencies I checked the default currency box for my only emaining currency and all now appears to be well. This won't help you but may avoid some other poor souls becoming suicidal!!

Regards,

Geoff

lol no worries, sorry for not explaining a little better.

Download ./includes/languages/english.php using your ftp client

open it in notepad.

Where you see something along the lines of define default currency, change USD to the currency code that you have just made.

In my case I changed USD to GBP.

This fixed it :)

lol no worries, sorry for not explaining a little better.

Download ./includes/languages/english.php using your ftp client

open it in notepad.

Where you see something along the lines of define default currency, change USD to the currency code that you have just made.

In my case I changed USD to GBP.

This fixed it :)

Archived