• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add more info into the shopping cart db?

Jumping Rabbit

Sawadee kah,

My name is Jenny and i am trying to add some additional info into the shopping cart db, i would like to add category id in addition to the product id.

I have added the new field to the db, and i do know how to catch the cat id nr.

My current problem is how to sucessfully add it to the buy button form and then into the new db table.

Any help or points in the right direction is greately appriciated.

Sawadee kah,

My name is Jenny and i  am trying to add some additional info into the shopping cart db, i would like to add category id in addition to the product id.

I have added the new field to the db, and i do know how to catch the cat id nr.

My current problem is how to  sucessfully add it to the buy button form and then into the new db table.

Any help or points in the right direction is greately appriciated.

why would you want to store this redundant information ? You can always derive the category id from the product id unless you copy products by link to multiple categories ?

Treasurer MFC

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for taking an interest, by the way you seem to be quite close, geographicaly that is :D

I will use it for price differantiation, based on customer groups and category id.

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for taking an interest, by the way you seem to be quite close, geographicaly that is  :D

I will use it for price differantiation, based on customer groups and category id.

ok, well, normally, the cart is only stored in the DB for registered customers.

That content is then merged with the session cart if they login again.

Guests cart info will not be stored in the DB but remains only in the session variable $cart.

so I would add the variables to the shopping cart class.

But still, (unless you copy products as a link to multiple categories), if you need to get the category id for a specific products id, you can simply derive it from the products_to_categories table, there the relation is recorded and as such no additional storing is required.

Treasurer MFC

Thanks Amanda, i will look through and implement it in the shopping cart class if possible....

Bringing happiness to a stranger will cosmicaly multiply and bring you a thousandfold in return.

Sorry, about the broken up english, its not my mother tongue.

I will scurge the forum and try to help atleast 5 persons today, and wait for a heavenly reward :lol:

Archived