• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

issue with installing new contributions

ashna

Hi there,

I tried to use this on new oscommerce store and after updating all the file and running SQL script I get this error.

Server: localhostlocalhost

Database: ashnacre_ashnaashnacre_ashna

Error

SQL-query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )

VALUES (

'112', 'WYSIWYG Editor 1.7', 'HTMLArea 1.7 Options', '15', '1'

)

MySQL said: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '112' for key 1

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 682

Any suggestion on this are welcome.

112 could have been taken by another contrib - - it's not used by default. Try changing it to 113, 114, or even a higher number like 2112. It's just important that it be unique.

-jared

This is exactly the reason that I advocate using a PHP script to install database settings. In this case the authors have hardcoded an ID whereas with a PHP script it could query the table and return the next autoincrement. This will eliminate all issues like this with duplicate keys...

Bobby

I agree with bobby to a certain extent

Just in mysql, you can fetch the max value and use max value+1 in the script as you can use variables in a sql script as well.

It's more a matter of best practice rather than using PHP or not.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Carine,

Point well taken...you see the intent of an SQL or PHP based install for database settings.

When I approached the issue with my contributions I realized that it would take less queries since not only will you need the the main configuration group entry but also the actual configuration table settings. For me the easiest solution was to use PHP and pass the insert_id value to the settings thereby saving at least 2 queries.

Bobby

Archived