• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ranked 5th out of 4,860,000 with msn

rommany

Hello,

Im ranked 5th out of five million with certain keywords with msn and 15th with yahoo, but no where and no page rank with google amd domz wont list me, why? what could i be doing wrong or have i upset them ?

ive spent mts sorting out keywords and meta tags and submiting my site.

sorry just a bit feed up with them two.

thxs

Google has different guidelines than the other SE's so that might be part of the reason. You are indexed by google, just not showing. Be sure you don't have google blocked by your spiders file. Is google visiting you site?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

About Google...

1. Google has not updated page ranks since the beginning of Januar, so if your site was launched after that...you will not have any page rank yet.

2. Google has a "sandbox" effect, which gives a delay of about 3 months for listing new sites high in the rankings.

So for a new site, exept for the first 2 weeks after you have been indexed for the first time(these 2 weeks you might actually ranke quite well), you will not get decent ranking for 3-4 months.

About Dmoz....

Its a volunteer organization, as i understand it too much work too few editors as of yet, and it might take anything from 3 monthes and up to one year to get listed.

You are alowed to resubmitt your site every 3 months til you get listed.

Hint..the fastest way is to read their submission guidelines terrely and follow them to the point, especially in regards to page tittel and description.

B)

About Dmoz....

You are alowed to resubmitt your site every 3 months til you get listed.

I'm not sure about the statement above. It may get you in trouble.

According to http://www.dmoz.org/add.html :

Please only submit a URL to the Open Directory once. Again, multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.  Disguising your submission and submitting the same URL more than once is not permitted. If a site you submitted has not been listed after a month, you may check its status at the dmoz public forums.

When it comes to DMOZ... patience is a virtue.

HTH,

Robert

Thanks for correcting me Rob, i might be wrong about the 3 months re-submission.

To get info, to ask further questions and to get feedback on your already submitted site...go to the Official Dmoz Forum

B)

Thank for all of your advice,i went too sleep and thats why im just replying now, (google blocked by your spiders file.) how would i check if i have done this part as jack said ?

many thanks again

Thank for all of your advice,i went too sleep and thats why im just replying now, (google blocked by your spiders file.) how would i check if i have done this part as jack said ?

many thanks again

Hi,

I submitted to DMOZ over a year ago....still waiting. You can ask about your status every 3-6 months, but not resubmit.

I started a new os site this year and had a robots text file that disallowed all. I did this until I was ready to go live, then changed it. Google has not been to my site since. I know this from my web log provided by my web host. awstats is a neat little stats program and show all spider visits.

I must have got lucky as when I submitted to dmoz I got listed inside a week.

However the big G still plays silly beggers with my site as well!

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

many thanks again

What I meant was to be sure google isn't blocked by your robots file. That is a file in your root directory. If you have an entry disallowing google (I can't imagine why it would be there though), google won't look at your site. The spiders file is just for preventing SID's from being recorded by the bots and wouldn't be causing this problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived