• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping help

I am having a bit of trouble configuring my shipping costs for my shop. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to oscommerce so pease bare with me!

I want to set up the shipping costs like this:

Orders up to ?100 - Shipping cost is ?7.50

Orders from ?101 to ?500 - Shipping cost is ?15

Orders over ?500 - Shipping cost is ?25

I would appreciate any help provided. I know i have to go into Shipping modules, but it's like double dutch as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks.

Look at table-based shipping in the Admin -> Modules -> Shipping section. If it isn't already installed, click the 'Install' button. Once you've installed it, click the 'Edit' button.

There you will see a number of options, including:

Enable Table Method

Click on 'True'

Shipping Table

Enter the prices as you've specified above. i.e.

100:7.50,500:15.00,9999:25.00

If you assume orders will be greater than ?9,999, you could change that accordingly.

Table Method

Click on 'Price'

Handling Fee

If you add a handling fee to your orders, enter the amount of the handling fee here.

Tax Class

If you have set up sales tax for your store, the option should be available for selection here. Use it if you need to also tax your shipping costs.

Shipping Zone

If you have set up shipping zones, you can select the zones this shipping method should apply to here.

Sort Order

If this is your only method of shipping, set it to 1. If you have other shipping methods that you'd like to be offered to the customer in a higher order, change it accordingly.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

I'm trying to set up another shipping price, similar to the first post, but I need it to apply to another region. ie; I want the prices for shipping to be higher for UK, Europe, Rest of World. Is there a way I can have four different regions with different prices?

yes, very easily with this module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2571

be careful on the tables in it though, as they are not written in the same way the osCommerce tables are written (just be sure to read over the readme on writing tables and you'll be ok)

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke