• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact Us Page

Extreme50's

I hard-coded my contact info right on the /catalog/contact_us.php page. Technically, I should have adding language definition links like this:

<?php echo HEADING_PHONE; ?>

to the page, then defined the text in /catalog/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php, like this:

define('HEADING_PHONE', 'By Phone:');

but I was still a newbie when I did it, and haven't bothered to go back and fix it. :)

So suit yourself, it should work either way.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

:'( On The Contact Us Page Can You Add Text To This Page And If So On What File Do You Do It

I was hoping to have Phone & Fax Numbers Etc

Please Help !!

I simply wrote in the info into the contact page using HTML. Not quite sure if this is the best way, but it worked. Just make sure your code is clean.

yup, that works too. But just remember that the more you do that, the more difficult it will be to maintain your code over a long term. For example, how many places will you need to modify if you ever move?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

:'( On The Contact Us Page Can You Add Text To This Page And If So On What File Do You Do It

I was hoping to have Phone & Fax Numbers Etc

Please Help !!

Hi Jeff,

With a simple text editor open the file catalog/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php.

Here you can add text to the line:

define('ENTRY_NAME', 'Your full name:');

You will have to do this for every language you use.

With kind regards,

Edze

If you get stuck then you'll find 'Contact Script' under my name as one of my contributions. It can be used as a seperate contact script, or as a replacement for the default one. The advantage is that you can easily define as many 'options' as you wish.

Vger

Archived