• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My shop

Hi,

I have had my shop online since october - I would like to get some feedback and sincere critisism! I would also appreciate suggestions regarding updates etc.

Thanks for your time!

This is the link: Font Garden's Font Shop

Ellinor

Hi,Hi,

There is really nothing to report about.....

Why.....

Except for your frontpage text and the annoying banner over your logo.....You have not changed anything from the default osCommerce setup...not even the colors.......

Hi,Hi,

There is really nothing to report about.....

Why.....

Except for your frontpage text and the annoying banner over your logo.....You have not changed anything from the default osCommerce setup...not even the colors.......

Heum hmm - that's why I would need some tips and suggestions?

Thanks,

Ellinor

Hi,

I have had my shop online since october - I would like to get some feedback and sincere critisism! I would also appreciate suggestions regarding updates etc.

Thanks for your time!

This is the link: Font Garden's Font Shop

Ellinor

Hi

Love your product - but not the way have used osC to sell

A few ideas for customisation

1) Get rid of the column boxes quick find (why quick find a font ?) reviews (you have a VERY niche product - you don't need reviews) and languages.

2) Change the background of your site to a color scheme other than stock

3) change the site layout to other than stock width - I recommend 770 max width to accommodate those visitors that will surf in 800 x 600 resolution

4) Add contact details where you can be reached in person - email is great but not enough.

5) Your top goes to a page that looks totally out of synch with the rest of the site - make them seamless - people will not like a changing interface it smacks of "fly by night"

6) blow your ssl trumpet on the index page

7) Remove stock osC images and buttons

8) Get rid of the free animated banner above your font logo

Do this (or a few of these and ask for more feedback

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Thanks Charles! I know realize it isn't enough with my own pics on the top and the indexpage to be unique :) I found a template I am working on modifying! I will be back when finished! Thanks!

Ellinor

Hi

Love your product - but not the way have used osC to sell

A few ideas for customisation

1) Get rid of the column boxes quick find (why quick find a font ?) reviews (you have a VERY niche product - you don't need reviews) and languages.

2) Change the background of your site to a color scheme other than stock

3) change the site layout to other than stock width - I recommend 770 max width to accommodate those visitors that will surf in 800 x 600 resolution

4) Add contact details where you can be reached in person - email is great but not enough.

5) Your top goes to a page that looks totally out of synch with the rest of the site - make them seamless - people will not like a changing interface it smacks of "fly by night"

6) blow your ssl trumpet on the index page

7) Remove stock osC images and buttons

8) Get rid of the free animated banner above your font logo

Do this (or a few of these and ask for more feedback

Charles

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

I have redesigned my shop so that it won't look that osCommerce stock like... Can you tell me if you think colors etc is ok? Or suggest add ons that you think I need? Thanks in advance for any constructive critique :)

Ellinor

Font Gardens Font Shop

This looks a lot better than the stock OSC.....well done.....

A few more critical members will be along in a minute !!! lol

Hi again,

I have redesigned my shop so that it won't look that osCommerce stock like... Can you tell me if you think colors etc is ok? Or suggest add ons that you think I need? Thanks in advance for any constructive critique :)

Ellinor

Font Gardens Font Shop

I like it, but it's a bit weird that you host your FAQ elsewhere.

Why not just make it part of your site?

Change the stock language- "let's see what we have here" is only meant as a place holder for the header of your choice...

Take a look at the the mopics contribution. You can use it so that when someone clicks on the "enlarge" text, they will see the full sample of the font, instead of the abc sample

psst... wanna buy a wand?

Well thats an interesting use of osC. I like it. I have been seeing some creative uses for osC lately, and it think that's just great. One thing, I haven't looked at your stylesheet, but your are still using the default osC font. I would think for a font shop, you would try to use a unique font.

top >> in the breadcrumb trail take you out of the osC shop. That's frustrating, as you should be able to click on the banner to get home.

I like the headers for you infoboxes too.

Well from the thread, it looks like you site is coming along. Good work. :thumbsup:

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Thanks for the response! I'm glad it's mostly positive :) I will change a few things based on your comments - the mopics module will be installed and the Let's see what we have here thingy. Thanks a million!

Ellinor

Archived