• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Very basic question re: product field test

Hbelkin

I last programmed years ago, and never in php, but seems fairly simple... however I have a (probably silly) question:

In product_listing.php code, I'd like to test for products_status being = 0 and do an action if this is so. I have no problem with the code structure or the action, but I'm not certain how to test for the actual value...

I tried: if ( $listing['products_status'] == 0 ) but this doesn't return the correct value. My assumption was the the $listing array somehow already held the retrieved database entries... but it seems as if this is not correct.

The area in product_listing.php that I'd like to add this to is around the case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW': section (I have made other mods, so the line numbers are not useful)

Someone care to enlighten me on what is probably an obvious answer here? Thanks!

products_status is not passed in the array from index.php to product_listing.php.

Either you can add it to the array or have a separate query on the product_listing page which grabs the status based on $listing['products_id'].

Your online success is Paramount.

products_status is not passed in the array from index.php to product_listing.php.

Either you can add it to the array or have a separate query on the product_listing page which grabs the status based on $listing['products_id'].

Thanks for the reply. This of course makes sense. As a newcomer to OScommerce and to psp to some extent, could you please elaborate (or show example) on where/hom to add it to the initial array? I'd hate to create another query for this (as I'll later need it in several other places as well). Also: in your opinion, would adding it to the array break anything else? (I'd assume not...)

Thank you again!

Thanks for the reply. This of course makes sense. As a newcomer to OScommerce and to psp to some extent, could you please elaborate (or show example) on where/hom to add it to the initial array? I'd hate to create another query for this (as I'll later need it in several other places as well). Also: in your opinion, would adding it to the array break anything else? (I'd assume not...)

Thank you again!

Anyone out there able to help? Thanks!!

Archived