• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Cart Display

elogicmedia

Hi,

I was wondering how could I display the cart on other pages that are not part of the oscommerce scripts.

i.e. on the home page using an include line or something?

Is there anything like this written so it can be applied easily?

By default, the shopping cart contents are included in the shopping cart box found in the right-hand column. The contents of the cart will appear as soon as item(s) are added to the cart.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

By default, the shopping cart contents are included in the shopping cart box found in the right-hand column. The contents of the cart will appear as soon as item(s) are added to the cart.

HTH,

Terry

Yep, I got that however I want to display this shopping cart box on other pages such as the home page of the site which is not located within the oscommerce folder.

Is this possible?

• 3 years later...
Yep, I got that however I want to display this shopping cart box on other pages such as the home page of the site which is not located within the oscommerce folder.

Is this possible?

it's possible, but it may not be practical and it may prove to be very tedious, depending on how the rest of your site is set up. first, the other pages where you wish to display the shopping cart contents would need to be in php. you'd have to include the catalog/includes/application_top.php file, and then just take the section from includes/column_right.php where it displays the shop.

if the rest of your site is not using php it'll be bit more tedious. you could use an <iframe> tag to display a separate web page within your original page. in the <iframe> tag, the src= attribute would need to point to a catalog/display_cart.php file (that you'd need to create). this file would then need to include application_top.php and use the code from column_right.php to display the shopping cart contents.

now for the hard part: the sessions. because of the way osc uses sessions, most pages require a oscsid= parameter. you may have to make some changes to application_top.php to assume the previously allocated session id so it can synch up to the items stored in the cart. this, without breaking the use of oscsid if it's present so that the rest of the pages in the /catalog/ portion of the site still work.

there may be other details, but these would be the main points to get you going.

i hope this helps.

Archived