• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best attrivbutes contribution?

neod

I want to add a contribution that improves product attributes input. I've searched and found the "New Attribute Manager", but it's really old, almost 2 years.

So I was wondering if that is still the best choice or is their another plugin that I can install?

this one is an easy install and you have a new page which lists all the possible attributes and you just check off the ones you need and provide pricing info.

This way, setting up a product with attributes is possibly a 3 step process:

1) create product

2) create option and option value if it doesn't exist yet

3) flag the attributes for the particular product

There are other contributions that list the available attributes immediately on the product page, thus it's a one step process if you don't have to create new option values. (sorry, don't know the exact names)

Also if you have a set of the same attributes to add/maintain each time, the attribute set contribution might be a good help.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

1. *Only perform this step if your default language id isn't 1 (Should be 1 by default).

a) open new_attributes_config.php

B) On line 4 change "1" to your language id.

2. The following files should go in your /admin/ directory:

a) new_attributes.php

B) new_attributes_include.php

c) new_attributes_change.php

d) new_attributes_select.php

e) new_attributes_functions.php

f) new_attributes_config.php

3. You will need to edit the OSCommerce file admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php:

a) find this line: '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

B) paste this on the line below it: '<a href="' . tep_href_link('new_attributes.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">*Attribute Manager</a><br>' .

c) Save catalog.php & upload it if you need to.

4. You will need to make a small edit in the OSCommerce file admin/categories.php:

a) I have included categories.php from 2.2MS1 in osc_files/categories.php already modified.

B) If you can't just replace your categories.php with the one I provide, proceed->

b1- In your admin/categories.php find: tep_image_button('button_copy_to.gif', IMAGE_COPY_TO) . '</a>');

b2- replace with: tep_image_button('button_copy_to.gif', IMAGE_COPY_TO) . '</a><a href="./new_attributes.php?action=select&current_product_id=' . $pInfo->products_id . '&cPath=' . $cPath . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit_attributes.gif', 'Edit Attributes') . '</A>');

5. Upload the provided images/button_edit_attributes.gif to the directory:

admin/includes/languages/images/buttons/

That's all there is to the installation.

Got it working. Never mind.

And? is it anything good? what contrib did you install? i'm looking for a good attrib contribution to - one that is way easier and logicker to use then the current one in osCommerce.

Like - i dont understand why you need to set a product options then a option value and then add these to your products but for each option value - why not just add a product option to you product (maybe even from within the product page (when you upload your product) I just dont see the point of adding the Option Values if you need to set all them seperated to your product, it would be realy valuable (the option values) if you could just add the product options to your product (and have all the different options). But maybe i'm just overlooking something here. The fact that its not sorted eather is a real failure in this system to.

But like you - i couldnt find any recent good attribute contrib's - and imho - thats a part of osCommerce that could be done alot better!

Hope maybe someone will make a new and better attribute system in the future :)

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

Archived