• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Beginner help with new site.

Alan Murray

I am just a beginner in oscommerce. I am looking to build a site along the lines of this site www.doorsdirect.co.uk. If you look at the options you need to buy the doors. I will need a similar about of options in the shopping cart? Is this possible with oscommerce?

Without looking too carefully, it looks like what are "options" here could be done as separate products with an extended catagory tree (pretty deep catagory path). The user does not have to see it as catagories or "products" just choices. When they make their final selection, that would be the "product." Then the other options I saw looked pretty basic.

Thanks,

David Watson

Without looking too carefully, it looks like what are "options" here could be done as separate products with an extended catagory tree (pretty deep catagory path).  The user does not have to see it as catagories or "products" just choices.  When they make their final selection, that would be the "product."  Then the other options I saw looked pretty basic.

Do you think a beginner would be able to do this? Can you point me to the best beginner learning materials?

Archived