• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products as Attributes

Bran

Hi Folks

I'm wondering, how to configure / extend osCommerce, so I could have products, that can't be bought on their own, but have to be brought in relation with an already bought product.

For example:

If you sell cups, plates etc. and engravings, with text of the customers choice, then the following rules apply:

- An engraving can't be bought on its own

- When buying an engraving, the customer has to be able to choose between a list of already purchased items (in shopping cart) or when buying a cup, the customer should be able to select an engraving and add options to it e.g. the text, probably font etc. (though, the first way would be more comfortable for the customer)

Either way, the selected engraving and its options should be listed under the item it should be engraved onto on the invoice and order.

Is there already a contribution out there, that can solve this kind of problem?

Greetz

Bran

Bran,

There's a contrib called Option Type Feature that allows you to add a text item as an option (including extra cost). You could use that with a font option drop down for each item.

ed

Hi ed

Thx for the quick reply - seems, like I'm not getting any eMail-Notifications in case of a reply, strange.

That "Option Type Feature" Contrib brings me a step closer to what I want to be done, but, It's not very comfortable for the customer to make it that way, since they have to remember what products they have bought, how they are named aso. And, the additional products (engravings) wouldn't be sorted directly under the products they have to be engraved on on the order screen / invoice.

Looks, like I would have to modify it for myself to make it work the way I want it to.

Sounds like a difficult task...

Thx for the hint anyway :)

Greetz

Bran

Archived