• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP MEEEEEE!

ksaun

Hey everyone, :blush:

I have installed the all_products contrib, with alot of help from one person in particular in this forum. And I thank him for all his help getting me this far.

The problem is when I go to the all_products page that is supposed to have all my products listed the page is blank, no errors, nothing.

See for yourself: My Webpage

Any ideas why this is happening? :blink:

I really need to get this fixed, the site is live so please help!

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

I have installed the all_products contrib, with alot of help from one person in particular in this forum. And I thank him for all his help getting me this far.

The problem is when I go to the all_products page that is supposed to have all my products listed the page is blank, no errors, nothing.

most likely a bug in your php code for that page. Did you alter anything? Recheck.

most likely a bug in your php code for that page.  Did you alter anything?  Recheck.

Nothing in the php code for that page was changed with the exception of commenting out one line that souldn't apply to my site.

Here is what it looks like:

<?php

/*

$Id: all_products.php,v 3.0 2004/02/21 by Ingo ([email protected])

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2004 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

modified by schizobinky 05/23/2004

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS);

$breadcrumb->add(HEADING_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS, '', 'NONSSL'));

$content = CONTENT_ALL_PRODUCTS;

// require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE);

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

I don't have a template folder or use a template for my site.

Any other suggestions? :blink:

The first question has to be why you are tinkering with a live site - hope you have removed links to this page for now, so users don't see this - they won't be impressed!

Sometimes, a file can get corrupted and you can't see what it is.

Have you tried opening the file in notepad, ctrl-a to select all, then create a new file in notepad, ctrl-v, re-save it, then overwrite the original.

If you had a local development area, you could turn error reporting on and probably find the problem in 2 seconds.

The first question has to be why you are tinkering with a live site -  hope you have removed links to this page for now, so users don't see this - they won't be impressed!

Sometimes, a file can get corrupted and you can't see what it is.

Have you tried opening the file in notepad, ctrl-a to select all, then create a new file in notepad, ctrl-v, re-save it, then overwrite the original.

If you had a local development area, you could turn error reporting on and probably find the problem in 2 seconds.

This was a last minute contrib that I didn't know about until just recently, and I had already launched the site, so that is why.

I don't have a local development area so no luck there.

As far as copying the code, I have even written the code into a new file and tried that. No difference!

As far as the links, I have no links to this page on my site, should I have?

I though it was just a hidden page that the spiders would find and be able to see all the products on my site.

Am I wrong? :huh:

Hmmm. Showing pages to spiders and not "human" visitors is a very bad idea - it is often considered "cloaking" - if you get rumbled (and you will if you use a hidden link), you will get penalised (or even barred)

Edit: Why not just have a "site map" link in your footer that takes you to a page listing all your products - that way, it's not hidden, and most users won't even click on it.

Hmmm. Showing pages to spiders and not "human" visitors is a very bad idea - it is often considered "cloaking" - if you get rumbled (and you will if you use a hidden link), you will get penalised (or even barred)

I thought the whole point of this contrib was to get all your products listed in one place so the spiders can find your product pages?

Isn't that what it is supposed to do? :blink:

It's better to get errors and be able to fix them than to comment out the display of the content and get nothing...

Bobby

I installed this contribution also, but I used the older version. V2.71

Some of the newer ones were for template sites not stock oscommerce. The instructions were not the clearest, but this mod was installed sucessfully here:

My Webpage

The mod is available here:

all prod

Archived