• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deleting top bar images

How do I delete (My Account, Cart Contents and Checkout Images) at the top heading bar of my oscomernce page? I want to keep the (My Account, Cart Contents and Checkout Text Links) that is located under those images.

To see what I am talking about Go to My Oscomernce Shopping Cart Main Page

To the right of my logo with the background scenery you will see the 3 images that I want to delete out of there.

And directly below the images are the text links of the same thing. I want to keep the text links.

PLEASE HELP ME?

How do I delete (My Account, Cart Contents and Checkout Images) at the top heading bar of my oscomernce page?  I want to keep the (My Account, Cart Contents and Checkout Text Links) that is located under those images.

To see what I am talking about Go to My Oscomernce Shopping Cart Main Page

To the right of my logo with the background scenery you will see the 3 images that I want to delete out of there.

And directly below the images are the text links of the same thing.  I want to keep the text links.

PLEASE HELP ME?

Open the file named ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/header.php - Switch to "code view" so that you can see all the php code in that file.

Find line 58 or so in your authoring tool and it looks like this

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

Either comment the line out by placing two // (forwardslashes) or just remove the line altogether. Better to comment out in case you want to replace those images with some others in the future.

Save the file header.php to your published web space and refresh the page when you load it. They should be gone.

Please read the Topic in this forum named Basics for Layout and Design as it has lots of this style information.

Open the file named ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/header.php - Switch to "code view" so that you can see all the php code in that file.

Find line 58 or so in your authoring tool and it looks like this

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

Either comment the line out by placing two // (forwardslashes) or just remove the line altogether. Better to comment out in case you want to replace those images with some others in the future.

Save the file header.php to your published web space and refresh the page when you load it. They should be gone.

Please read the Topic in this forum named Basics for Layout and Design as it has lots of this style information.

Actually the topic is under "Tips and Tricks" and is named

Basics for design

Archived