• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AHhh Google hates me!

Panic36

Lol Google wont show any results for me :( They crawled my site like 3 months ago, and hit me like 6 k times, over about 2 months of on and off crawling, then the next month they didn't come back up... I am in google's index, with my url as the title, and no descriptioin.

site:aliandadele.com on google, and you will see, but Yahoo, MSN, and a lot of other search engines all have me listed. I don't get why Google crawled me, and it doesn't show results after 3 months?

Any hints?

Thanks

Robert

Lol Google wont show any results for me :( They crawled my site like 3 months ago, and hit me like 6 k times, over about 2 months of on and off crawling, then the next month they didn't come back up... I am in google's index, with my url as the title, and no descriptioin.

site:aliandadele.com on google, and you will see, but Yahoo, MSN, and a lot of other search engines all have me listed. I don't get why Google crawled me, and it doesn't show results after 3 months?

Any hints?

Thanks

Robert

http://www.aliandadele.com

Google doesn't hate you :lol: - But you and I and everyone else in ecommerce is competing for very limited attention from a very powerful index.

I wouldn't worry about getting that attention - just do the correct business things to market your business and the index will pay you your due attention in due course - note the words due course - it takes time

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Hey Charles

Since they crawled me and I know t hey did a full crawl, just not showing listings yet, should I just wait, or should i resubmit... I heard google gets a little pissy if you resubmit, and If i do resubmit will i just start the whole process over again?

Thanks for your REsponse :P

Robert

Hey Alpha Ray,

No, I haven't heard of that one yet... lol.. Are there more than one contrib for it? I've used some SEO contribs, and meta contrib, and I was looking for a good site map contrib, if you don't mind throwing me a link to the contrib you are thinking about that would be cool

Thanks,

Robert

Wow Alpha,

Thanks for that link, Great info there! Yea I can tell Bobby has really been researching this subject. Some times I just wish I could grab the spiders put them in a jar, and not let anyone else have them but me :(

Robert

Always happy to help. :)

By the way, how long has your site been up? Your Shipping and Returns page is still under construction.

Ahh Alpha!

It's been up for a bit, but it was under construction, thanks for bringing that to my attention tho, I have the php file saved on hdd with modifications, forgot to upload it :P

Robert

Archived