• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I need Help with something simple

ksaun

Hey All, :thumbsup:

Where do I find my online stores visitors log, I just started my marketing campaign and I want to see who is visiting and what they are seeing.

Can anybody tell me where to find this? :blush:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

You won't be able to see "who" is visiting (apart from the IP) but in the admin, there is a "products viewed" page that lists the pages and the number of views.

Take it with a pinch of salt though - if someone sits there clicking "refresh" on a certain page it will distort the figures.

You won't be able to see "who" is visiting (apart from the IP) but in the admin, there is a "products viewed" page that lists the pages and the number of views.

Take it with a pinch of salt though - if someone sits there clicking "refresh" on a certain page it will distort the figures.

Thanks,

But I already know about that, I want to know how everyone is tracking their visitors, like how much time they spend on the site, what pages they visited, what their IP address is where the came from and other important info. I want a true visitor tracking system.

What software or contribution does everyone use to accomplish this and where do I find it?

Anyone?? :blink:

You'll never be able to determine the amount of time a visitor spends on your site since there is no way (that I know of) to track when they close the browser window.

Does your host provide some sort of visitor tracking tool?

Personally, I think that adding tracking to OSC itself is just going to add even more queries to what is already an unacceptably high amount.

The visitor stats is good, as well as the who's online upgrade. Check the support thread to change the ip lookup if ripe doesn't work for you, I think the change is on page 16 or so, posted by boxtel if I remember correctly. ps I probably won't be installing all prods. after all, my self written site map is apparently almost as good as it gets, just a couple mods to polish it up).

Jeremy

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...search,visitors

The visitor stats is good, as well as the who's online upgrade.  Check the support thread to change the ip lookup if ripe doesn't work for you, I think the change is on page 16 or so, posted by boxtel if I remember correctly.  ps I probably won't be installing all prods. after all, my self written site map is apparently almost as good as it gets, just a couple mods to polish it up).

Jeremy

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...search,visitors

Thanks Jeremy I will give it a try :thumbsup:

Archived