• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another qustion with multiple options

HappyFace

How can I add default option value for multiple options? Do I need one more column for default value in db table and manualy populate it without using admin control?

And change code to check if the option value is default, etc?

How do I this?

Are there any contributions already for this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Michael

Michael,

There is a contribution that checks to see if the option is still on default or has changed. This makes the option selection mandatory.

To get the default option to show up first, you need to install an option sort contrib.

ed

Ed,

There are two sort option contributions.

Product Attributes Sort Order v1.0 ------- 29 Mar 2005

Sort Option Values Module 1.0 ------------ 14 Feb 2005

Which one were you suggesting?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Michael

Michael,

There is a contribution that checks to see if the option is still on default or has changed.  This makes the option selection mandatory.

To get the default option to show up first, you need to install an option sort contrib.

ed

While it is important to have a control on the option sort, which is not an included feature on a fresh install, you can set the default by using it as the basic product in the first place. For example I sell tiles by weight, so my default product is one lb of tile, and I have options for diferent weights. Usually each colour is it's own product, but I do sometimes do quick order menus, where the customer can choose the weight (default still = 1 lb) but there is no default colour. The product picture doesn't show a tile, so there is no default colour, and it is (hopefully) obvious that one has to be selected. Haven't had a problem in this regard (no colour selected) so far.

Jeremy

Archived