• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My Store.. Beyond Limits Motorsports

It's kinda hard to tell with no products being up. I think that the desing has a lot of potential though. One thing right off on page:

http://www.beyondlimitsmotorsports.net/login.php

returning customer and new customer are in black, and you can't see it against the dark blue background. Get rid of the stock osC buttons, even though they don't look bad against the dark blue design.

Get rid of the stoc osC graphics (like the icons in the upper left) they just don't go with the site, and it's a lot easier to just get rid of them then to try to create a bunch of your own. Plus they add nothing to the site. Just get rid of them.

Get rid of the languages box. You only have one, there is no need for it to be there.

Change all of the black text that is against the dark blue background, it's too hard to see.

You really need to add some stuff for a decent review. It just needs more work. Good start though.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

It's kinda hard to tell with no products being up.  I think that the desing has a lot of potential though.  One thing right off on page:

http://www.beyondlimitsmotorsports.net/login.php

returning customer and new customer are in black, and you can't see it against the dark blue background.  Get rid of the stock osC buttons, even though they don't look bad against the dark blue design.

Get rid of the stoc osC graphics (like the icons in the upper left) they just don't go with the site, and it's a lot easier to just get rid of them then to try to create a bunch of your own.  Plus they add nothing to the site.  Just get rid of them.

Get rid of the languages box.  You only have one, there is no need for it to be there.

Change all of the black text that is against the dark blue background,  it's too hard to see.

You really need to add some stuff for a decent review.  It just needs more work.  Good start though.

Thank for you the very good review with little you had to. Yeah, Im in the process of changing the text colors.

I kept the stock buttons because they do go good with the page, but I'll look at creating some.

How would I go about deleting the language box? :unsure: Im a noob when it comes to editing osC. Also about the icons, how would I get rid of them? Just edit each page?

Thank you agian for your VERY GOOD review.

Looks like just the background was changed. Needs alot of work if you ask me.

Actually, if you looked, you would see I did alot more than just changing the background. Thank you for the review, but please take the time to actually look at the page.

1: Don't make it so you go blind at the front page trying to understand what you are reading...

2: I don't recommend a dark background, if you want color I'd do a lighter one.

3: Get rid of the hit counter.

4: add a couple of items, even if they're fake, so on, and so on....

I agree Mike, this site is basicly oscommerce from the box, half the site isn't operational, what's the whole point in reviewing it now?

Robert

1: Don't make it so you go blind at the front page trying to understand what you are reading...

2: I don't recommend a dark background, if you want color I'd do a lighter one.

3: Get rid of the hit counter.

4: add a couple of items, even if they're fake, so on, and so on....

I agree Mike, this site is basicly oscommerce from the box, half the site isn't operational, what's the whole point in reviewing it now?

Robert

Yes most people wait to post their site for review right before it is ready to go live. It just makes more sense that way.

Magic8Ball good luck on your site. Most people around here just don't like seeing the stock oscommerce layout anymore. I'd say post it up again for review when it is near complete.

i second all of the above, i looked at your site and i can see that you are on your way, but thats all i can see no writing, the background blue is soooooooo dark, if you do keep the dark blue make the font whate and LARGE. good luck

Archived