• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Banners problem lead to heaps of others

fairyland

Today I tried the following:

A. Deleleted current 'Oscommerce banner' and insert a 'new banner'

Somehow the result turn SOUR everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE!

1. 'New banner' did not come up and AS WELL I could not re-insert the 'Oscommerce banner' back too, it just dead! Is it that set as default and that you cannot delete it?

2. As the result of the the above problem (I think), the following error shoot up: UNDER ADMIN -->

a. --> catalog --> Manufacture-->

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified from manufacturers order by manufacturers_name limit -20, 20"

b. --> catalog --> Review -->

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select reviews_id, products_id, date_added, last_modified, reviews_rating from reviews order by date_added DESC limit -20, 20"

c. --> catalog --> Specials -->

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, s.specials_id, s.customers_group_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.specials_date_added, s.specials_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, specials s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -20, 20"

d. --> catalog--> Product expected-->

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_date_available from products_description pd, products p where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_date_available != '' and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_date_available DESC limit -20, 20"

F. --> Tool --> Banners --> same as above

G. --> Tool --> News Letter --> same

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

**** FAX FORM CANNOT BE PRODUCED**** when customer checking out???? urrrr

could anyone help me out with this ABSOLUTE MESS... please!

michael

Well there is good news.

All of these are from the same problem with the class

splitpageResults.

Find admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php

Find where the offset is set (around line 42?)

Add the following:

if ($current_page_number==0){

$current_page_number=1;

}

The problem occurs when there is no data in a table.

using limit -20 is invalid SQL (since you can't have negative

line numbers)

I don't think this is caused by you deleting the banner but

possibly from something else.

Hope this helps.

Archived