• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Session problem

ryanlum

hey guyz.. right after installing oscommerce... i got this error msg...

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

i have checked the directory and the directory and the file does exists... how can i fix it?

i get this error msges when i am installing.. then they say that the installation process is successful

is there anyway to fix this?

during the installation i changed the stored sessions to db already

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

It means that the install procedure does not have permission to write data to the configure.php files (to set them up).

As this is a Windoze server you can't use FTP to change file permissions. You'll need to use the File Manager in your wbe hosting control panel to set all folders to either 755 or 777, and to make sure that for the install process the two configure.php files are set to 777 (full permissions).

Vger

where can the configuration.php file be found?

becuase i found a few files of the same name.

i am kinda new to oscommerce..so can you explain this part?

" You'll need to use the File Manager in your wbe hosting control panel to set all folders to either 755 or 777,"

thx alot

For the install you do not need to edit anything in the configure.php files, you just need to make sure that the installation procedure has the right to write the configuration data to them.

Your web hosting control panel is what was provided to you by your hosting company, where you set up e-mail addresses, spam filters, protect directories etc. Somewhere in that control panel you will have a File Manager leading to a list of folders/files which you can then alter the permissions on.

Vger

you said this.. how do i make sure that they have the right?

For the install you do not need to edit anything in the configure.php files, you just need to make sure that the installation procedure has the right to write the configuration data to them.

Archived