• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom mail send to new-created customer

Darklings

Hello,

I want to customise the email that is send to the user when they create a acount.

I need a list on that mail witch shows them what they have filled in (like company adress name etc.) If i look in my language files i c :

define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We welcome you to <b>' . STORE_NAME . '</b>.' . "\n\n");

When i look at the mail - STORE_NAME is changed to my actual store name, where can i find that list?? Or is it not that simple to just add a number of lines asking php for the name, company etc.?

I dont know much of php (honestly i dont know a thing of it) but wouldnt it be logic to just put:

define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We welcome you to <b>' . STORE_NAME . '</b>.' . "\n" . 'Your company is: " <b> COMPANY_NAME . '</b>.' . "\n\n");

Note: I made up "COMPANY_NAME"

Does anybody knows where i can find the words that are correct? where are they located? or does it just not work this way? And how does it work then?

Your help is much apreciated!

Thnx,

greets, tom

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

when application_top.php loads it loops through the configuration table in the database and sets many of those values.

STORE_NAME can be set in the configuration section of the admin area. You can add you own by adding new rows to the configuration table. I do this through phpMyAdmin using SQL like this:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
VALUES (
'', 'Company Name', 'COMPANY_NAME', 'Acme Shopping', 'The name of our company', '1','1' , '2005-04-05 09:05:30', '', NULL , NULL
);

You can change the configuration_group_id to put the config variable in different sections

I ain't got time to bleed

when application_top.php loads it loops through the configuration table in the database and sets many of those values.

STORE_NAME can be set in the configuration section of the admin area. You can add you own by adding new rows to the configuration table. I do this through phpMyAdmin using SQL like this:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
VALUES (
'', 'Company Name', 'COMPANY_NAME', 'Acme Shopping', 'The name of our company', '1','1' , '2005-04-05 09:05:30', '', NULL , NULL
);

You can change the configuration_group_id to put the config variable in different sections

I dont understand a thing of it, i'm verry sorry, but do you mean, you have to set the company name in your admin then? how can it be different for every user then??

IF a user register himself, and submit the form, i imagine all data gets into the sql database.. right?

If a mail is send then, with the password and other stuff on it. Isnt it easy then to ask other inputs from the sql to put in the mail?? like the customers company name, lastname, firstname, adress, etc...????

Simple, what i need is a mail, that is send (like the standard one - when you register that sends the pass) but shows everything the user has filled in.

If you need to know, i need to have this, because as an admin, i will make all the acounts, it would be easy when i finaly made a user a mail was send directly with his acountinfo and userlogin and pass - and maybe to ask him if its correct, and if its not he can change it online.

SO, can anyone help me pls, to customise this automate mail????

Thnx in advance.

Greetings,

tom

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

Archived