• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint & STS

wickedtomkat

I installed STS template system.. then I installed the linkpoint contribution.. everythign seemed to be going great.. but when i try to process a credit card.. and hit confirm order to test.. it goes righ tback to the first payment page where you enter yoru card number... anyone have any idea where i went wrong?

Have you configured your PEM file that you should have received from linkpoint?

Do you have port 1129 open with your host provider (firewall issue?) ?

The cannot execute curl is a bogus error message that really just means it returned a NULL response.

HTH

Tom

Edited by OceanRanch

Have you configured your PEM file that you should have received from linkpoint?

Do you have port 1129 open with your host provider (firewall issue?) ?

The cannot execute curl is a bogus error message that really just means it returned a NULL response.

HTH

Tom

yeah pem is configured.. followed directions exactly.. i asked my host about the port thing.. they really couldn't answer that one. said they'd have to speak with the admin there.

ok so far here's what I've got..

1 I deleted everything.

2 reinstalled oscommerce ms2

3 reinstalled linkpoint contrib.

4 server info says

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7d zlib/1.1.4

5 tech support at host says they opened both ports 1129 and 1139 for outgoing

6 made sure my PEM has no spaces whatsoever..

7. still get the could not execute curl error

whats next?

Linkpoint gateway works for many of us. It's just that it seems that it's a bit more troublesome for some than others.

Make sure that your PEM file was correctly installed.

Also, there are command line "test" programs provided in the php wrapper code that linkpoint gives you or that you download from their support site. These test programs have a setting of "verbose" debug and display all the messages to/from your server to the linkpoint server. Running a test transaction thru those will definetly show what's going on including if Curl was mis-configured.

The author of the most recent linkpoint contribution has also (as I recall) volunteered to assist anyone that might be having difficulties. Check the most recent contrib.

HTH

Tom

Edited by OceanRanch

i'm pretty sure i installed the PEM right.. i copy and pasted my key into it.. then uploaded it via ftp.. ther were no spaces or blanks whatsoever in the code.. it looked exactly the way that the one from the install instructions did

----- begin blah blah ----

fdjafsaff a buncha letters for the code vsajdf

-----end blah blah---

etc...

i also wrote the author and he sent me a reply but i lost it so i just emailed him back agian today.. this thing is frustrating me..

i'll try these test programs you mentioned.

I don't know for sure, but sending credit card info over the internet without SSL is not a very good idea. I also think linkpoint returns its URL coded https, so that may be why you get a NULL curl repsonse if you do not have SSL.

Tom

Edited by OceanRanch

well i have my website setup dedicated IP... so.. I just now clciked to enable SSL with temporary SSL certificates... same thing still got the curl error.. then i tried shared SSL.. same thing

maybe i need to uninstall oscommerce again.. enable SSL.. reinstall oscommerce and try it that way

Do yourself a big favor. Run the verbose debug transaction php files from linkpoint. You are searching for the answer in the dark. Eventually you might find it, but with their programs at least you see where things stop start etc and be able to pin point problems quickly.

IMHO - Good Luck

Tom

ok found the files finally... they are a bit hidden..

i ran the PHP_FORM_MIN.html file after installing on server

i got this response:

at curl_process, incoming data:

host = secure.linkpt.net

port = 1129

keyfile = ./YOURCERT.pem

configfile = 1234567

cardnumber = 4111111111111111

cardexpmonth = 01

cardexpyear = 05

chargetotal = 9.99

ordertype = SALE

debugging = true

sending xml string:

<order><orderoptions><ordertype>SALE</ordertype></orderoptions><creditcard><cardnumber>4111111111111111</cardnumber><cardexpmonth>01</cardexpmonth><cardexpyear>05</cardexpyear></creditcard><billing></billing><shipping></shipping><transactiondetails></transactiondetails><merchantinfo><configfile>1234567</configfile><keyfile>./YOURCERT.pem</keyfile><host>secure.linkpt.net</host><port>1129</port></merchantinfo><payment><chargetotal>9.99</chargetotal></payment></order>

Error: <

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /hsphere/local/home/wickedv6/ugcomicsonline.com/test/PHP_FORM_MIN.php on line 74

You need to edit the top of the file and place YOUR xxxxx.pem file and YOUR store number etc. (Probably a full path may be required for the .pem file)

And as you can see you got a NULL response back from linkpoint.

HTH

Tom

ps: Also, running it from your browser may not show other error messages from curl etc. If you can get to shell/ssh and run it you'll see those messages as well.

Edited by OceanRanch

It's the normal path not the web path.

You may be able to just copy your 123456.pem file to the location where the scripts are and then use (as the script has already in place) "./123456.pem".

Of course change the 123456 to your store number.

Tom

OK.. i replaced it twice.. once using the absolute path /hsphere/local/home/wickedv6/ugcomicsonline.com/test/######.pem

and the second time with jus./######.pem

i've replaced my actual number here with the # signs of course for privacy.. but still gettign that null response

at curl_process, incoming data:

host = secure.linkpt.net

port = 1129

keyfile = ./######.pem

configfile = ######

cardnumber = 4111111111111111

cardexpmonth = 01

cardexpyear = 05

chargetotal = 9.99

ordertype = SALE

debugging = true

sending xml string:

<order><orderoptions><ordertype>SALE</ordertype></orderoptions><creditcard><cardnumber>4111111111111111</cardnumber><cardexpmonth>01</cardexpmonth><cardexpyear>05</cardexpyear></creditcard><billing></billing><shipping></shipping><transactiondetails></transactiondetails><merchantinfo><configfile>######</configfile><keyfile>./######.pem</keyfile><host>secure.linkpt.net</host><port>1129</port></merchantinfo><payment><chargetotal>9.99</chargetotal></payment></order>

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /hsphere/local/home/wickedv6/ugcomicsonline.com/test/PHP_FORM_MIN.php on line 74

like you said still gettign that null response... what about that warning at the bottom.. is that natural?

Well, its clearly not connecting with linkpoint.

I'm running out of ideas - I sure hope your host has truely opened 1129 on both http AND https servers......

Running the web form (.html) rather than command line will not always show system related messages. If you can, try running from the shell to see any other system messages.

Did you copy the pem file to the script file location?

Contact linkpoint support and get a fresh pem file. Copying/pasting from notepad may be an issue. Try ftp'ing the pem file.

linkpoint support also will show you how to at least test the connection from your host to them (I think they did with ssh).

Tom

I just got off the phone with linkpoint and after settign my absolute path to my pem file.. i got no response still.. so then he had me open the lpphp.php file and uncomment two lines near the setopt after that.. it worked... so i thought.. ok.. i just need to do teh same thing to the lpphp file that came with the linkpoint api contrib.. but .. those two lines aren't tehre.. i guess the lpphp files are differant..

i think teh two lines i uncommented were

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

Well at least you know you can connect from your server.

Now go back into to contrib/admin and triple check ALL the values for your store and path to the pem files.

I don't have your linkpoint files as mine are from back in 2003 and highly modified to perform recurring billing etc.

You might want to try replacing the contribution lphp.php with the one that you got working. However the code that calls it may be expecting different input/output from the various function api's. That's where your buddy that wrote the contrib would come in handy.

Anywho, don't feel to bad, you are making progress. It only took a week on my end back in 2003 and you have only 1.5 days under your belt.

Tom

Edited by OceanRanch

I added those two lines to the lpphp.php file from clifton and now it all works :) yahoo... finally.. i was about to go grey from this.. next i need to reinstall sts and my templates and redo all my catagories etc.. but at elast now i got linkpoint working thanks ocean for your time and effort.. and thanks clifton for yoru prompt help as well by email

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm reading thru your post and it seems like you had several problems that you resolved, but I can't tell what you did specifically to resolve this one below...

I installed STS template system.. then I installed the linkpoint contribution.. everythign seemed to be going great.. but when i try to process a credit card.. and hit confirm order to test.. it goes righ tback to the first payment page where you enter yoru card number... anyone have any idea where i went wrong?

I'm having this same problem (see http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=155737&st= )

...and I don't know how to to resolve it! Any advice?

• 1 month later...