• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove sample data

Bear47

I've just installed and am playing around, and adding some of my real stock items in the middle of the test data. Is there any easy way of removing all the test items when I no longer need them?

I've just installed and am playing around, and adding some of my real stock items in the middle of the test data. Is there any easy way of removing all the test items when I no longer need them?

Yes! Just go to admin panel categories and either tag with red dot (so they don't show, or delete manufacture to take everything with them. I've done both, but not before copying the input text for my product info like the special codes.

Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

Well it tells me what those red and green dots are for :P

But even if I red dot all the products in a category, the category stills displays. It would be nice to be able to red dot a category amd have it disabled along with all the sub-categories.

I'm just learning how to use this, and want to set up a working demo for a customer within two days. At that point I want to remove all the demo products quickly, but it would be nice to be able to get them back easily for playing around.

Well it tells me what those red and green dots are for  :P

But even if I red dot all the products in a category, the category stills displays. It would be nice to be able to red dot a category amd have it disabled along with all the sub-categories.

I'm just learning how to use this, and want to set up a working demo for a customer within two days. At that point I want to remove all the demo products quickly, but it would be nice to be able to get them back easily for playing around.

It seems the surest way, is to delete the category all-together from your admin panel. As I said I have deleted some of the default/demo manufacturers, and the result was conclusive, their gone! As for the categories, yes they will still appear in your list, unless deleted. Unfortunately, that means you can't play with the demo products anymore, but you can use any items for the same purpose. So show your client your revised demo, and keep it set up to play with later. Have a great day!

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

Archived