• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Now...Live Now...Live Now...

devvas

Dear All,

We humbly present our new online abode at http://www.hidefkids.com specializing in quality children's clothing. We thank the Oscommerce community for their wonderful support.

Please feel free to critique the site and provide us with your suggestions so that we can make it more user friendly and feature rich.

As you can see,we have moved away from the "stock OSc layout " and tried to create a fresh look and feel..We will try to improve the site based upon your suggestions..

Thanks and Regards

Dev

Regards

Dev

Hi All,

24 views and not one comment :-(???

Is it that bad *grin*?

Well...am still optimistic that the community members will be kind enough to preview the site and give us your opinions.

Thanks and regards

Dev

www.hidefkids.com

Regards

Dev

Hi All,

Is it that bad *grin*?

Well...am still optimistic that the community members will be kind enough to preview the site and give us your opinions.

Thanks and regards

Dev

www.hidefkids.com

The only thing I can say is: WOUW :thumbsup:

The site is beautiful, I was satisfied with the way my site looks, but know.......!

Site looks great. Only thing I would suggest is on the part of the index.php where it is listing all the products in the catagory is to maybe make the cells where the items are white or a lighter shade of that green? Would make the text easier to read and even though I LOVE the green you picked it would take the "edge" off of it.

great job.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I do like your index page -- very colorful, well organized and definitely not the stock osC look.

A few quibbles...

I find your logo very hard to read in all upper case. Also, in the 'About Us' section, sometimes it's listed as 'Hidef' and other times as 'HiDef.' When I see it as 'HiDef,' I read it as "High Def" but when I see it as 'Hidef,' I see it as "hide" with an 'f' at the end. I think it would work better if you used the 'HiDef' reference throughout, including on the logo. When I see it all in cap's, I feel like I'm looking at an eye chart, because the letters just don't logically work together.

I also don't like the 'click to verify' Comodo link which you've got locked in the bottom right corner of the page. Viewing at 800x600 resolution, it often covers up the text that I'm trying to read, and when I scroll to get away from it, it goes with me. Quite annoying!

Some of your images are too big at 49-58K. You might consider making optimized versions for the category pages, then show the detailed images on the product info pages.

On your product info pages, it would be nice to see a bit of whitespace between your dash-bordered images and the product information. Consider using some cellspacing/padding to open it up a bit more.

Other than that, good job. Prices look excellent, too. Just wish the clothes went up past size 6 and into the 10-16 range. I saw a few I know my daughter would love. :)

Good luck with your store!

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

*clap clap clap clap*

Now,this is what I call constructive feedback..Terry...thank you for your suggestions.

High-Definition (HiDEF KiDS) certainly appreciates your comments.

The Comodo link will be fixed as suggested.Lot of other Beta testers hv told us the same thing.The other things,since it is customized,i will have to look at the template pages (product_info.php, specials.php, stylesheet.css) and work on it.

Going forward,we want to implement the 'dynamic' on-the-fly zooming of products.

Currently,the problem i encounter is working on the images.It sure takes a long time to resize the images the way i want them.

NB:Yeah..we do carry ranges for 10-16,but haven't uploaded them yet.If you are in and around the Houston area, plz feel free to drop in at our West Oaks Mall location:-).

Thanks and Regards

Dev

I do like your index page -- very colorful, well organized and definitely not the stock osC look.

A few quibbles...

I find your logo very hard to read in all upper case. Also, in the 'About Us' section, sometimes it's listed as 'Hidef' and other times as 'HiDef.' When I see it as 'HiDef,' I read it as "High Def" but when I see it as 'Hidef,' I see it as "hide" with an 'f' at the end. I think it would work better if you used the 'HiDef' reference throughout, including on the logo. When I see it all in cap's, I feel like I'm looking at an eye chart, because the letters just don't logically work together.

I also don't like the 'click to verify' Comodo link which you've got locked in the bottom right corner of the page. Viewing at 800x600 resolution, it often covers up the text that I'm trying to read, and when I scroll to get away from it, it goes with me. Quite annoying!

Some of your images are too big at 49-58K. You might consider making optimized versions for the category pages, then show the detailed images on the product info pages.

On your product info pages, it would be nice to see a bit of whitespace between your dash-bordered images and the product information. Consider using some cellspacing/padding to open it up a bit more.

Other than that, good job. Prices look excellent, too. Just wish the clothes went up past size 6 and into the 10-16 range. I saw a few I know my daughter would love. :)

Good luck with your store!

Terry

Regards

Dev

Thank You once again for your replies.

I see that there has been a considerable traffic over the past few days.

i am currently catching up on the marketing initiatives as laid out by chemo in another forum.

will keep you posted about the feedback we recieve frm the site.

once again, your comments are mucho appreciated.

Gracias,

Dev

http://www.hidefkids.com

Regards

Dev

Positive:

You've obviously put a lot of effort into the look of the store.

Negative:

Move that secure site seal somewhere else - it's intensely irritating.

Some of your pages still have stock osc image headers that should be removed.

Create account - enter an "invalid" state - state box suddenly becomes a combo - there is a fix for this somewhere.

Checkout - where's my delivery address? It's only asking for billing info?

Ahhh - I tried again, and this time it went to the shipping page. This might be a problem...

Can I only pay by credit card? Not check, PayPal?

Do I really need to be told the date twice in the header and footer?

change "shopping bag" to "shopping cart" in your header.

Calling it "shopping bag" is not cute or amusing, and not the norm.

Your search box in the header is mis-aligned

Quote:

WHY HIDEF KIDS?

1. Hidef Value Proposition.Find out more

3. Distinctive Styles.

4. Safe and Secure Shopping

5. Guaranteed Quality.Period!

What happened to number 2?

Quote:

What our customers' say - lose the apostrophe.

You might also want to check the fonts/sizes you are using - the overall feel is a tad inconsistent and whilst some might find the mishmash of colours on buttons and everywhere else appealing, I find it inconsistent. But that's only my opinion!

Categories in the header should really have more of a visual indication when I hover my mouse over them.

Why are you wasting all that space above your store? If I were you, I'd change the "border width" of whatever center-sho contrib you are using.

That's all for now.

Good luck!

P.S. Creating a site is only the first step - marketing and driving traffic to it is just as important - I'd strongly advise you install the SEO URL contribution to improve your ranking.

Oh - a couple more things:

Your specials and new products box have a grey "corner" on the left, still.

If I were you, I'd also use photoshop (or similar) to make the white background of all your images transparent - sites with "blocky" images just look amateur IMO.

Hi All,

Is it that bad *grin*?

Thanks and regards

Dev

www.hidefkids.com

That is a good thing. The reason we are not commenting is because your site is great and it is hard to nit pick it.

FalseDawn

Thanks.will look into the SEO URL contrib.Our next step is to improve our marketing/ranking and gain traction,just like we did with our physical store.(We are located at one of the good malls in Houston).and yeah..we did get the 'transparent' image for the specials/new products boxes:-)

Z, thanx for ur wonderful comments.It sure feels good to be appreciated:-).

Once again, OScommerce is pretty good,once we learn how to 'tame the beast':-)

Regards

Dev

Archived