• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating a new page for customer information?

TiTaniZNEz

Hello all, I'm desperate for some help and advice on this design problem I'm having. I want to setup a store that will allow people to input their prescription details of their eyes so that this info can be stored, and then used to make the customers glasses. Ideally, this information would be asked for after they have put in their personal details (contact details/address etc)

Can anyone let me know if its possible for OSc to add in a new page which will record the customers prescription before then taking them onto the next step of inputting their card details etc

This is possible but the code for it is not in the basic shop and I doubt that a contribution exists. So the code will have to be added by you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This is possible but the code for it is not in the basic shop and I doubt that a contribution exists. So the code will have to be added by you.

Jack

As I feared... Anyone looking to make a bit of money?

But seriously, how easy would it be do to this? My knowledge of SQL and even PHP is limited, if I were to contract someone to do this what sort of costs are we talking?

A much simpler way would be to edit the heading of the 'Comments' box which appears during the Checkout process to read "Please enter lens prescriptions details below".

May not be 100% perfect, but it will save a lot of hassle.

Vger

A much simpler way would be to edit the heading of the 'Comments' box which appears during the Checkout process to read "Please enter lens prescriptions details below".

May not be 100% perfect, but it will save a lot of hassle.

Vger

VGER, while this is a possibility it's really not very practical. Customers will have a hard enough time anyhow putting them in never mind using the comments box to do it. If you see glassesdirect.co.uk and how they do it you'll get a flavour of what I'm aiming for.

Archived