• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping_Cart.php

clearasmud

Does anyone have any idea why my "back button" disappears from time to time. I haven't changed anything with regards to that line of code other than substitute the continue shopping button image with the back button image. When I had the continue shopping image there, it acted the same way.

I have tried refreshing the screen, and it doesn't reappear. My guess is the next time I log out and then log back in, the button will reappear.

<?php
   $back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;
   if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {
?>
               <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
   }
?>

Very strange. Anyone know why this might happen?

• 9 months later...

The same thing happens for me with my 'continue shopping' button. It seems to occur when you have been in the cart for a while, it's as though it "times out" or something. The only way I can get it to reappear is to close all my browser windows and start a new session.

Any ideas on why this happens and if it can be fixed? Thanks! :o)

For one thing the Continue Shopping button only appears when there is something inside the shopping cart. When it's empty it won't show. Another thing might indeed be the session. If you do nothing inside the shop for about 20 minutes the session will be lost and you have to start all over.

• 2 weeks later...
HI all,

I am having the same problem.. has anyone managed to sort this session problem out.

It's not a problem, it's a feature :P You can talk to your host or let your sessions be written to disk. With that latest you should be staying logged in forever.

Archived