• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin problem and one other....

#1 - I have a friend helping me set up this shop through AIM. Well, I sent him to my admin page and without using my id and pass, he was able to get right into the admin panel! It just bypassed any kind of login whatsoever! How do i correct this?

#2 - I'm selling downloadable clips. I've got oscommerce running smoothly with a Stormpay module and I've set up the Downloads module (i think i got the right one, if someone has a link please help me to verify this as the one i have was sent to me). How can I do a "test" purchase? My site needs to allow someone to purchase a clip and receive like an encrypted link via email where they can download. The link will expire in 3 days.

Any help or direction on these would be appreciated.

#1 - I have a friend helping me set up this shop through AIM. Well, I sent him to my admin page and without using my id and pass, he was able to get right into the admin panel! It just bypassed any kind of login whatsoever! How do i correct this?

#2 - I'm selling downloadable clips. I've got oscommerce running smoothly with a Stormpay module and I've set up the Downloads module (i think i got the right one, if someone has a link please help me to verify this as the one i have was sent to me). How can I do a "test" purchase? My site needs to allow someone to purchase a clip and receive like an encrypted link via email where they can download. The link will expire in 3 days.

Any help or direction on these would be appreciated.

for 1

1) Rename admin to something unique and only memorable to you.

2) Using your server site management functionality (cPanel ?) set a user and password for the newly named directory

3) Chomd the directory to 644

3) Change your configure.php paths to reference the newly named file

for 2

1) Stock osC comes with the download module - you enable it in admin confiduration where you set parameters for download such as time download is available, number of downloads in that time etc - So I don't understand your link issue.

2) To test just set the price to 0 or something and then buy a download item.

Just an observation from Q2 - are you testing and developing on your live site ? If you are you really need to think about developing a test site - then you could test scenarios such as you've described without impacting your live site.

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

for 1

1) Rename admin to something unique and only memorable to you.

2) Using your server site management functionality (cPanel ?) set a user and password for the newly named directory

3) Chomd the directory to 644

3) Change your configure.php paths to reference the newly named file

for 2

1) Stock osC comes with the download module - you enable it in admin confiduration where you set parameters for download such as time download is available, number of downloads in that time etc - So I don't understand your link issue.

2) To test just set the price to 0 or something and then buy a download item.

Just an observation from Q2 - are you testing and developing on your live site ? If you are you really need to think about developing a test site - then you could test scenarios such as you've described without impacting your live site.

Charles

the stock download features will enable something like an encryped dl link?? awesome. someone told me that i had to get a download module contribution to make that work. now...i'm using stormpay, so i'd like the payment to be verified before they're allowed to download...is this possible through the stock features?

yes, i'm using it on my live site, however, it isn't my ENTIRE site...its in a small subdirectory and that won't be linked to or even mentioned in the main site until its fully functional and ready to roll.

Archived