• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Skipping shipping info step in checkout

gastongr

Hi,

I'm making a templates store so i don't need all the shipping features as the templates are supoussed to be downloaded from the site.

I have removed the "Address Book" section in the user control panel as it's not needed, i also changed the checkout link so that it points to checkuot_payment.php instead of to checkout_shipping.php but when i click the continue link in checkuot_payment.php it sends me to checkout_shipping.php.

I guess something checks for the shipping info and if it's not there it redirects to the shipping info page, how can i remove that "check" and let the order go without the shipping info.

Or even better is there any option to completelly disable the shipping sections?.

Thanks in advance.

Gaston

AFAIK, it will bypass the shipping page if the product is downloadable, and if you've set your downloads to work in the Admin section.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Thanks,

i have just setted the downloads to work and i think the product is downloadable, in the atributes page at the bottom i selected the product, and wrote the name of the file, but then in "option name" "option value" "Value Price" and "Prefix" i don't know what to put so i let that empty.

The file's already uploaded and the folders /downloads and /pub are 777

But the checkout link still sends me to checkout_shipping.php

It works as you said only if i add the download with an option and a value.

so that if the users selects that value from the product page it'l download that file. but that way a drop down menu is shown in the product description to select the value for the option, i don't want that because i haven't got options :P. The file is only one with no variations.

Is there any way to add a download to a product without giving it an option/value

Thanks

Archived