• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding to cart code/link?

keithschm

I have edited my index page to show specials. I have added a ad to cart button but I am haveing trouble with the code for actualy adding it to the cart. How do I ADD TO CART. I should be able to pull the product Id from the script that is used for the specials.

thanks

Might want to try this contribution and save yourself a headache. Puts specials on index and new products on the other pages.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...s+on+front+page

thank you for the reply, I have a specific templete that I purchased. It has taken weeks to merge it with OS.

I would think that with some crafty code it could be done... I HOPE.

Does that contrib have a add to cart for the specials?

It is exacly like the whats new box, but it is specials. It is simple to install and yes there is add to cart buttons there if you have them turned on.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

well after some research I came up with the folowing code

ok ok :D I took it from another section, and it is really the buy now, but none to be the wiser

<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $default_specials['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>

Archived