• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Managing Large # of Categories and Products

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have over 68,000 products on V2.2 and when uploading products and images via easypoulate it creates duplicate and new categories at the top level. This then requires literrally hours and hours of highlight, move to right category activities.

Is there a tool or contribution (I searched everywhere) that allows for a more effiecient method of managing a large number of product categories and products other than the standard admin options?

Any help would be SO MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance! epromerchant

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have over 68,000 products on V2.2 and when uploading products and images via easypoulate it creates duplicate and new categories at the top level. This then requires literrally hours and hours of highlight, move to right category activities.

Is there a tool or contribution (I searched everywhere) that allows for a more effiecient method of managing a large number of product categories and products other than the standard admin options?

Any help would be SO MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance! epromerchant

well i dont use easypopulate but have thousands of products and well over 500 categories. the only thing that I can think might help you is a contribution called multi product copy/move....or something like that....close enough so you get the idea...... this contrib allows you to navigate the catalog much like the stock way but allows you to check products (read: select multiple products at once) and move them to another category. also allows multi prod delete.... I have used it, kinda slow but does what it needs to do and saves much time hunting and pecking.....

good luck...

Thank you so much! Ill try it out tonight!

well i dont use easypopulate but have thousands of products and well over 500 categories. the only thing that I can think might help you is a contribution called multi product copy/move....or something like that....close enough so you get the idea...... this contrib allows you to navigate the catalog much like the stock way but allows you to check products (read: select multiple products at once) and move them to another category. also allows multi prod delete.... I have used it, kinda slow but does what it needs to do and saves much time hunting and pecking.....

good luck...

Archived